The simFlight Network Forums

OFFSETS IN AUTOPILOT SECTION

Guest kunzel

Guest kunzel

Gentlemen,

I am trying to know the offset for AP Altitude and AP Vertical Speed for Dream Fleet DF 737-400, but up to now without sucess. :(

Could someone give me a direction to discover those offsets ?

I already asked to the people of DF , but they don't know.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Tks & rgds

Alberto Kunzel

Guest kunzel

Gentlemen,

I am trying to know the offset for AP Altitude and AP Vertical Speed for Dream Fleet DF 737-400, but up to now without sucess. :(

Could someone give me a direction to discover those offsets ?

I already asked to the people of DF , but they don't know.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Tks & rgds

Alberto Kunzel

If they do not use the Microsoft Autopilot for these things then there will be no "offset". The A/P variables will likely be maintained internally to their A/P gauge.

Regards,

Pete

If they do not use the Microsoft Autopilot for these things then there will be no "offset". The A/P variables will likely be maintained internally to their A/P gauge.

Regards,

Pete

Guest kunzel

Pete,

Thanks for your help.

The other items of Autopilot follow Microsoft Autopilot , as Course , Air Speed and Heading have the same offset of Microsoft Autopilot. Is it possible to have in one gauge different concepts ?

Thanks and Regards

Alberto Kunzel

Guest kunzel

Pete,

Thanks for your help.

The other items of Autopilot follow Microsoft Autopilot , as Course , Air Speed and Heading have the same offset of Microsoft Autopilot. Is it possible to have in one gauge different concepts ?

Thanks and Regards

Alberto Kunzel

Of course, they can program it how they like. Maybe they didn't like the way the FS A/P controlled vertical modes, but were happy with the horizontal control. You'd have to ask the authors.

Regards,

Pete

Of course, they can program it how they like. Maybe they didn't like the way the FS A/P controlled vertical modes, but were happy with the horizontal control. You'd have to ask the authors.

Regards,

Pete

Would be possible using FSLook.exe to discover the offset I need ?

No. FSLook is even more limited than FSInterrogate. It isn't looking at offsets, it is reading FS Gauge TOKEN variables, those with names documented for regular FS gauge use in MS PAnels SDKs.

If panel programmers choose to do their own thing, then only they can tell you how to get their variables. They are not "public" FS values, they are private to their panel modules. There are no such things as "offsets" (in the FSUIPC sense) for them. The "offsets" in FSUIPC are positions in FSUIPC's mapping of FS variables. It has no way of getting into private panel coding.

Regards,

Pete

Would be possible using FSLook.exe to discover the offset I need ?

No. FSLook is even more limited than FSInterrogate. It isn't looking at offsets, it is reading FS Gauge TOKEN variables, those with names documented for regular FS gauge use in MS PAnels SDKs.

If panel programmers choose to do their own thing, then only they can tell you how to get their variables. They are not "public" FS values, they are private to their panel modules. There are no such things as "offsets" (in the FSUIPC sense) for them. The "offsets" in FSUIPC are positions in FSUIPC's mapping of FS variables. It has no way of getting into private panel coding.

Regards,

Pete