The simFlight Network Forums

shutting down applications

Hello,

I have in wideFS a AllowShutDown=App, in magenta CDU when I press shutting down all pcs it only shutdown the current PC, sometimes the others pcs shutdown as well, but most of the time it doesn't work.

Any idea ??? I'm running winXP / TCP/IP in all machines.

Thanks,

Ulisses

Hello,

I have in wideFS a AllowShutDown=App, in magenta CDU when I press shutting down all pcs it only shutdown the current PC, sometimes the others pcs shutdown as well, but most of the time it doesn't work.

Any idea ??? I'm running winXP / TCP/IP in all machines.

Thanks,

Ulisses

You need the AllowShutDown in each Wideclient.ini and, if you want FS also to shut down, in WideServer.ini too. The Server maintains the command in the ShutDown offset for 10 seconds, or something like that, to give time to each of the others to see it, before it too closes. This works consistently here -- mixture of XP and 98SE PCs, TCP/IP.

Pete

You need the AllowShutDown in each Wideclient.ini and, if you want FS also to shut down, in WideServer.ini too. The Server maintains the command in the ShutDown offset for 10 seconds, or something like that, to give time to each of the others to see it, before it too closes. This works consistently here -- mixture of XP and 98SE PCs, TCP/IP.

Pete

Hi Peter,

The computer with magenta CDU close all applications, but the other computer looks like isn't receiving the command to shutdown, here is the .ini user:

Log=Errors+

AllowShutdown=App

Run1=C:\GF\GFRemote.exe

Run2=C:\MCP\MCP.exe

Run3=C:\PFD\pfd.exe

Close1=yes

Close2=yes

Close3=yes

And the log:

********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 5.41] *********

Date (dmy): 14/04/03, Time 22:02:13.771: Client name is PFD

100 Attempting to connect now

21090 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21100 Ready to try connection again

21140 Attempting to connect now

FS is not running, only the 2 computers....so no connection to FS wideserver (do I need wideserver running to one wideclient close another wideclient ???).

Thanks,

Ulisses

Hi Peter,

The computer with magenta CDU close all applications, but the other computer looks like isn't receiving the command to shutdown, here is the .ini user:

Log=Errors+

AllowShutdown=App

Run1=C:\GF\GFRemote.exe

Run2=C:\MCP\MCP.exe

Run3=C:\PFD\pfd.exe

Close1=yes

Close2=yes

Close3=yes

And the log:

********* WideClient.DLL Log [version 5.41] *********

Date (dmy): 14/04/03, Time 22:02:13.771: Client name is PFD

100 Attempting to connect now

21090 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21100 Ready to try connection again

21140 Attempting to connect now

FS is not running, only the 2 computers....so no connection to FS wideserver (do I need wideserver running to one wideclient close another wideclient ???).

Thanks,

Ulisses

Yes, of course you do! The Server is the one "serving" the clients. No client knows about any other clients! Furthermore, the shutdown facility is done merely by setting an offset in FSUIPC which is read by all clients. If FS isn't running, then neither can FSUIPC or WideServer, so there is nothing going on between any of them!

This is why the shutdonw facility in WideServer is delayed by a number of seconds, to ensure all Clients read the message.

Pete

Yes, of course you do! The Server is the one "serving" the clients. No client knows about any other clients! Furthermore, the shutdown facility is done merely by setting an offset in FSUIPC which is read by all clients. If FS isn't running, then neither can FSUIPC or WideServer, so there is nothing going on between any of them!

This is why the shutdonw facility in WideServer is delayed by a number of seconds, to ensure all Clients read the message.

Pete

Guest norbert bosch

Hi Pete

I noticed the same problem as Ulisses. Though I have FS with wideserver running ;-)

I have FS running on a winxp pc (FS2002, FSUIPC 2.9.7.1 and wideFS 5.4.1)

The clients have win98.

If I click "shut down this PC" in the project magenta CDU the pc running the cdu shuts down.

If I click "shut down all pc's" only the winxp (with wideserver and fs) wil shut down. On the win 98 pc's I got a window logon screen (see attachment). Translated (I have a dutch windows version) it says:

type a name to logon to windows. If you like you can also use a password.

If you do not use a password, the next time you startup your pc this dialog will not be showed.

username:norbert bosch

password:

If I just click on OK I come back at the desktop with no programmes running anymore.

I do not see this windowlogon screen when I startup the PC in a normal way.

Because I am building a multi pc cockpit. It would be very great to shut down everything easily.

I would be very greatefull If you could shed some light on this Pete.

Thanks already in advance.

Norbert bosch

http://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

post-1-128688948078_thumb.jpg

Guest norbert bosch

Hi Pete

I noticed the same problem as Ulisses. Though I have FS with wideserver running ;-)

I have FS running on a winxp pc (FS2002, FSUIPC 2.9.7.1 and wideFS 5.4.1)

The clients have win98.

If I click "shut down this PC" in the project magenta CDU the pc running the cdu shuts down.

If I click "shut down all pc's" only the winxp (with wideserver and fs) wil shut down. On the win 98 pc's I got a window logon screen (see attachment). Translated (I have a dutch windows version) it says:

type a name to logon to windows. If you like you can also use a password.

If you do not use a password, the next time you startup your pc this dialog will not be showed.

username:norbert bosch

password:

If I just click on OK I come back at the desktop with no programmes running anymore.

I do not see this windowlogon screen when I startup the PC in a normal way.

Because I am building a multi pc cockpit. It would be very great to shut down everything easily.

Thanks already in advance.

Norbert bosch

http://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

I noticed the same problem as Ulisses. Though I have FS with wideserver running

No, you describe something different.

The clients have win98.

If I click "shut down all pc's" only the winxp (with wideserver and fs) wil shut down. On the win 98 pc's I got a window logon screen

Yes, this problem was reported before I went on holiday, and fixed in WideFS version 5.50 as soon as I got back.

Please always make sure you are using current supported versions then it will save unnecessary messages and misunderstandings. If you look to the top of this forum I maintain a list of current supported versions there.

Pete

I noticed the same problem as Ulisses. Though I have FS with wideserver running

No, you describe something different.

The clients have win98.

If I click "shut down all pc's" only the winxp (with wideserver and fs) wil shut down. On the win 98 pc's I got a window logon screen

Yes, this problem was reported before I went on holiday, and fixed in WideFS version 5.50 as soon as I got back.

Please always make sure you are using current supported versions then it will save unnecessary messages and misunderstandings. If you look to the top of this forum I maintain a list of current supported versions there.

Pete