The simFlight Network Forums

slope-parameter not recognized!?

The "slope"-option is a great option, it is the best solution to calibrate different aircrafts!

But there is one prob:

My FSUIPC seems to "forget" the slope-parameter for the rudder, which is given by the FSUIPC.INI-file:

...RUDDER: -16256,-512,512,16256/8

The aircraft gets very nervous during takeoff without the "slope". I have to select the rudder-slope manually by FSUIPC-Menu each time after FS9-startup. That's not too much work, but why? The other axis accept the slope-parameter of the INI-file without any problems...

I'm starting FS9 with multi-cfg-selection (FS9.EXE /CFG:XXX.CFG) to get different AXIS-configurations for DASH8 and PMDG)

All axis are recognized correctly by FS9 and FSUIPC

FSUIPC 3.50

FS9.1

Majestic DASH 8-300

CH Flightstick pro

CH Pedals

CH throttle quadrant

Regards,

Gunnar

My FSUIPC seems to "forget" the slope-parameter for the rudder, which is given by the FSUIPC.INI-file:

Hmmm. Oddthere's no different treatment for any of the axes, it is all the same code. I'll double check here.

Can you show me the complete section from your INI file, please?

Pete

Hmmm. Oddthere's no different treatment for any of the axes, it is all the same code. I'll double check here.

Can you first check with the interim release version of FSUIPC available in this Forum, and also show me the complete section from your INI file, please?

Pete

Yes, of course! Don't wonder about the high values (-29000), they adjust the correct throttle settings for the DASH 8 ("ground", "disc", "FLT IDLE etc).

[JoystickCalibration.MJC]

ExclThrottleSet=No

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

FlapsSetControl=0

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66426

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=0

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

Aileron=-16256,-700,700,16256/5

Elevator=-16256,-700,700,16256/5

Rudder=-16256,-512,512,16256/8

Throttle3=-29000,-29000,-29000,18002

Throttle4=-29000,-29000,-29000,18002

PropPitch3=-16256,-16256,-13934,16256

PropPitch4=-16256,-16256,-13934,16256

ElevatorTrim=-8192,0,0,8192

All params in the general JoystickCalibration-section are set to 0

FS9.CFG:

[JOYSTICK_MAIN {9F1FE490-5055-11D9-8001-444553540000}]

LOCKED=1

AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_AILERONS_SET

AXIS_SCALE_00=127

AXIS_NULL_00=0

AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET

AXIS_SCALE_01=127

AXIS_NULL_01=0

AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_RUDDER_SET

AXIS_SCALE_05=127

AXIS_NULL_05=0

Regards,

Gunnar

I can reproduce the problem with rudder.

I'll double-check the other axes. You say the slopes are working on those, BUT there appear to be no slope values stored in your INI file. the slopes are NOT given by that /n value -- that value represents a set of flage for the other options, like filter and reverse.

Slope parameters are like this:

SlopeAileron=11

SlopeThrottle=9

SlopePropPitch=11

SlopeLeftBrake=11

SlopeThrottle3=9

SlopeMixture3=15

The problem appears to be that the "SlopeRudder" parameter isn't being written.

[LATER]

No, that isn't it either! I'm not sure what is hapening there. It is rather odd. I recompiled FSUIPC in Debug mode so I could trace through what was happening, and then it works okay! There's some difference between the optimised issued code and the debug code.

I hate that sort of problem, it is very difficult to isolate. And I've not got a lot of time this week. I'll see what I can do, but it may have to wait until next week (i.e. November). Sorry.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, Your support is the best, fastest and most competent of the whole simmer-world! I'm wondering that you have so much time and patience to help us fsuipc-users.

You do not have to hurry with this small prob, tuning the rudder-slope manually is easy, just some seconds...

Regards,

Gunnar

You do not have to hurry with this small prob, tuning the rudder-slope manually is easy, just some seconds...

Okay. It was easier than I thought, and I was misleading myself with the Debug/Optimising differences. It was, in fact, only differences in the INI file.

The problem is simply that if you go into the dialogue and make a change ONLY to a slope (or several slopes), then on confirming and exiting from the options, FSUIPC is not writing the changes back to the INI file. I stupidly omitted to add the slope tables to the things it needs to check on exit.

I can fix this quite easily and will do so in the next interim release, but I have some other little things to do first.

Meanwhile, there are two solutions for you, both of which are better than going in each time and making the change on every reload:

1. You can simply add the SlopeRudder=n parameter to the relevant INI section manually (n is -15 to 15, as per the number in the Slope display). You can do this for your other axes as well -- currently you have no slopes set.

2. Alternatively you can use the options dialogue but just be sure to change something else too. It need not even be for the same axis. just toggle a Filter checkbox or similar. Go in again and toggle it back if it matters. The slopes will be saved for all axes on any other changes, they are only omitted when nothing else changes.

Thanks for spotting and reporting this error, and apologies for the temporary inconvenience.

Regards,

Pete

...nice to read that You have detected the bug and that it's not too much work to eliminate it.

Many thanks for Your replies and Your help - I'll put SlopeRudder=8 into the INI-File until the next FSUIPC-release :D

Have a nice evening !

Gunnar

• 2 weeks later...