The simFlight Network Forums

Keysend from Client to the FS-Computer

Hello Peter!

I am so sorry but i don´t found any answer for my problem in you documentation or at the forum!

Question:

Is it possible to send a keystroke via widefs (widefs-client => widefs-server)

to the main-computer?

If it is possible! How can i do it?

regards and nice sunday!

peter

Dear Peter

many thanks for your answer!

Can you make me an example how can i do this!

Because i do not understand how does it work!

Huh? An example of "SendKeyPresses"? You type "SendKeyPresses=Yes" into the WideClient.ini, of course. Then, provided your WideClient window receives keypresses on the client, they will be relayed to FS on the Server.

If you mean for the virtual buttons, what don't you understand? Have you read the document?

Pete

Sorry again Peter!

when i activate Keypresssend ("yes") then i can send every keypress for exapmle "Alt-A" to the WideFS-Server and then to the FSUIPC?

But how do i program this in the WideFS-Server.ini and in the FSUIPC-Ini!

Sorry

regards peter

p.s. i have read your docu ;-))

when i activate Keypresssend ("yes") then i can send every keypress for exapmle "Alt-A" to the WideFS-Server and then to the FSUIPC?

The key press gets sent to FS. There it operates just as if you pressed the keys on the FS computer!

But how do i program this in the WideFS-Server.ini and in the FSUIPC-Ini!

You don't!!! If you want FSUIPC to do something with the keypress, you do it in the Keys or HotKeys page of the FSUIPC options. Please look in the FSUIPC User Guide!

Neither of the INI files need to be edited. Why are you trying to make it more complex than it is?

BTW ALT combinations will invoke FS's Menu. You may not want to do that! (Try your Keys on the FS PC first!).

Regards,

Pete

Hello peter!

It doesn´t work!

I have activated in Wideclient.ini with "SendKeyPresses=Yes" but when i press for an example "." and nothing happens on the Wideclient-server.

The parking brake do not work!

I hope you understand what i mean!

regards peter

It doesn´t work!

I have activated in Wideclient.ini with "SendKeyPresses=Yes" but when i press for an example "." and nothing happens on the Wideclient-server.

Did you put that parameter into the correct section in the INI file -- i.e. in the [user] section, as documented?

Was the Wideclient window the active window on the Client PC when you pressed the key? If it does not have the keyboard focus it cannot receive the keys in the first place.

The parking brake do not work!

Did you assign '.' to the parking brake in FS, then? By default that key merely operates the brakes momentarily.

Regards,

Prete