The simFlight Network Forums

Myworld2004

I have the following problem:

Each time, i try to install Myworld 2004 Volume 1 Europe&Asia, the system verify the CD-Rom and after view seconds i get the following errormessage: "Virus detected. Aborting (#5000)"

I dont have any idea what there´s going wrong and what could i do to get my Myworld be installed.

There i really cannot help, the product that FSQuality distributes is complete unknown to me but the data I provided for them, I even haven't reference copies of the versions. So that is really FSQuality's job.

But if these CD's produced a year ago would really have a virus, I would have heared a while ago, so most like one of these GBytes has a byte sequence that your virus checker sees as a virus identifier. I recommend that you swith the virus check off before installation of the software.

That is one of the nasty things with computers. Windows requires for any installation that all other software is stopped, and this includes antivirus software. But when a new CD is entered, for systems not coupled to the internet it is the only way to get a virus - but please do not blame me for the fact that C and it successors and the internet are all designed so badly that any sort of malware must succeed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.