The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 freeze when mapping several buttons at the time.

When I map several buttons at the time whitout exit FSuipc between the mappings FS9 hangs. It first start to respond very slow in the meny and then hangs.

I then have to use ctrl alt del to close the FS9 process via the task manager.

After that I can't start Fs9. It'll stop when loading scenery on 1%.

If I remove Fsuipc.ini it starts as normal again. Also after a restart with the ini file left as is it will also start.

How can I log a crash in FS9?

Regards Anders

When I map several buttons at the time whitout exit FSuipc between the mappings FS9 hangs. It first start to respond very slow in the meny and then hangs.

First, please always state the version of FSUIPC. If it is not the latest supported version (3.50 or later at present), please upgrade first and retry.

FSUIPC's menu can be used and on display for a long time without adverse affect on FS. I don't see how any simply internal operations such as re-coding keypresses will make any difference. These merely adjust internal tables. It doesn't even invoke any file access until you exit, when it re-writes that part of the INI file.

What happens if you simply enter the options and leave it there for the same length of time without doing anything? as far as anything external to FS knows, this is exactly the same thing.

If that also causes problems then it may be down to some application or panel trying to use FSUIPC which is screwing things up by being held up for so long. FSUIPC can hardly respond to requests from these properly whilst its options are being changed.

I then have to use ctrl alt del to close the FS9 process via the task manager.

After that I can't start Fs9. It'll stop when loading scenery on 1%.

Hmmm. There is no permanent change made by FSUIPC which could do that. Even if the FSUIPC.INI file was corrupted it shouldn't be able to do that.

If I remove Fsuipc.ini it starts as normal again.

I need to see the INI file you think is responsible for this. But please re-test with the latest FSUIPC, 3.507, available in the top announcement in this Forum. If you were not using 3.50 beforehand in any case, then I'm afraid none of your report is relevant in any case as I can only support the releases listed.

How can I log a crash in FS9?

You are getting a crash in FS9 too? You don't mention that. In which module? Normally you should get a Windows crash report, and you can opt to have Windows send the details to Microsoft.

If you still get problems with the latest version of FSUIPC, try to narrow it down to specific applications. Possibly the panel you are using? Try a default aircraft, see if that's the same. External programs? Try without each in turn. Other add-in modules? Some use FSUIPC too. Maybe some are impatient and don't like being held up?

Regards,

Pete

Sorry for leaving out some info. I have the latest version 3.50. I don't get crashes in any other way than described in earlier post. Maybe that's not called a crash. The one thing I'm suspicious about is Logitech Setpoint. I recently started to use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I'm suspicious about it since it's the only change I've done.

Sorry for leaving out some info. I have the latest version 3.50. I don't get crashes in any other way than described in earlier post. Maybe that's not called a crash. The one thing I'm suspicious about is Logitech Setpoint. I recently started to use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I'm suspicious about it since it's the only change I've done.

Okay. If you do manage to narrow it down, please let me know what it was. And next time you have an FSUIPC.INI file which appears to cause FS to hang on loading, please save a copy and send it -- I am very curious about that. I really cannot see any way this should be possible and it needs investigation.

Regards,

Pete

Yupp setpoint was causing the probs. I have a very komplex keyboard with several multifunction buttons. There's no numlock button and there's alot of other non standard functions. When using the numpad there seem to be a conflict. Anyway Problemo Solvo.

Thanks for taking time. Anders

Yupp setpoint was causing the probs. I have a very komplex keyboard with several multifunction buttons. There's no numlock button and there's alot of other non standard functions. When using the numpad there seem to be a conflict. Anyway Problemo Solvo.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to remember this in case it happens to anyone else!

Regards,

Pete