The simFlight Network Forums

How to get a token variable

I need to get HSI_HORIZONTAL_NEEDLE from FS 2004 with FSUIPC, but I don't find it in FSUIPC list.

I found NAV1 horizontal needle (and also NAV2), but it's no the good for me.

The default HSI is driven by NAV1, so it is the NAV1 needle value you want. The horizontal needle is the glideslope, the vertical one is the localiser. There are values for NAV1 and NAV2. There are no others. What different indication from those are you after? What do you think it is showing that is different?

FSUIPC does not use the Panels interface, which is where the internal simulation values (exposed in FSUIPC's offsets) are 'converted' to your 'Token Variables'.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for your quick answer

I must explain thoroughly

When in radionav mode this value is the same as <0C48 1 NAV1 Localiser Needle: –127 left to +127 right>, but not in GPS mode>, but I need to get the value displayed on HSI in GSP mode.

I got a third party GPS device simulation for FS : reality XP GPS, that runs fine with FS and is more complete than FS GPS.

But I can't get data I need from this GPS device, for instance . The value given by FSUIPC (offset = 6058) is the one for the FS GPS, not from reality XP GPS.

So I thought I could get this error when it is displayed on HSI on GPS mode. That's why I try to read this value with FSUIPC.

Perhaps it is possible to get values from reality XP GPS (that's would be the best solution) ?

Best regards

When in radionav mode this value is the same as <0C48 1 NAV1 Localiser Needle: –127 left to +127 right>, but not in GPS mode>, but I need to get the value displayed on HSI in GSP mode.

Doesn't the GPS provide the same needle indication? If not have you checked to see if any of the GPS data locations (offsets 6000 ff) provide what you need? I'm afraid I know almost nothing at all about the GPS additions in FS.

I got a third party GPS device simulation for FS : reality XP GPS, that runs fine with FS and is more complete than FS GPS.

But I can't get data I need from this GPS device, for instance . The value given by FSUIPC (offset = 6058) is the one for the FS GPS, not from reality XP GPS.

AhI'm pretty sure that the RealityXP GPS does its own calculations. There is no way FSUIPC can burrow into its code and extract such information. You would need to ask RealityXP if they have a programmer's toolkit for this. It is the same as the problem with sophisticated add-on panels such as those from PMDG and PSS -- most all of their systems are separate from FS.

Regards

Pete