The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 2006 Sound Patches

I have the new voicepack update installed but find that a significant number of callsigns are not recognised and there seem to be a number of "experimental" aircraft in the skies. I have only been flying around Australia so don't know whether this applies to other areas. I have tracked down some "faults" eg Freedom Air callsign is "Free Air" and Australian Air Express is "Australian Express" ( corrected using Editvoicepack data.)

According to my sources, the correct call sign for Freedom Air is "Freedomair", and that is what gets delivered and is in the B737_3MY\aircraft.cfg .

A "Freedom Air" or "Free Air" callsign must originate from another source, not MyTraffic.

I don't have any other Freedom Air aircraft other than the MyTraffic ones but prior to altering the .cfg file all that I could get from ATC was the flight No. Similarly with Australian Air Express. Could Editvoice and MyTraffic be in conflict ?

The update should tell you in a message if...

With MyTraffic you have two options:

a) Use the Soundpatch from the first post of this topic and apply to either the stock FS9 sound file or one modified by an earlier version of MyTraffic soundpatch, or

b) use the Editvoicepack source file supplied with the soundpatch to apply using Editvoicepack in any other case, that means if you either have used Editvoicepack before, any other addon has modified your sound file, or you want to make any further change.

MyTraffic Soundpatch cannot modify a file that it doesn't recognize.

Where do I find the Editvoicepack source file you mention? As far as I remember the installation program made no mention of this. Should I reinstall the MT2006patchsound US as I still have the application file?

Sorry to keep asking what must seem to be elementary questions but what do I do with the .xml file in the data folder? Presumably this is an Editvoicepack modification but I can't find any reference to 2004-10-16T09:33:22Z in any lists.

Now, I really have no idea what 2004-10-16T09:33:22Z should mean.

When you install EDVP3.1, it installs a file EditVoicepackData.xml that contains all the modifications that come with it.

Make a backup of the file supplied by EDVP and replace it by the one from MyTraffic, this contains in addition to the patches applied by EDVP the complete set of those for MT in the user section, so if you apply the upper ones only you will get a file identical to the MT_Patched one, but can choose for more options.