The simFlight Network Forums

ATC Call Signs & A/C Types & Mfg. in My Traffic/Nava

LRWELLS

Is there any way to utilize My Traffic and Naval AI call signs, aircraft types and makers and assign them to other aircraft in my libary? :cry:

FS2004 has a very limited selection. My Traffic and Naval AI has great selection, but they don't show up as a selection when changing an aircraft call sign or type. For example: I have a sikorski seahawk. It is recognized by ATC as a jetranger. I would like to rename it as "Navy or Seahawk etc." like my Naval AI are recognized. Many of my other downloaded military aircraft are recognized by ATC as experimental. Is there anything I can do? I downloaded Edit Voice Pack 3.1 but it won't work with My Traffic. So guess what got deleted. If it won't work with My Traffic and Naval AI it goes.

Thanks

Larry

Hi Larry,

To use the included callsigns, isolate an aircraft in MyTraffic which is assigned that callsign. Now find its folder in the [Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft] directory and open its aircraft.cfg file. In there, look for the aircraft's specific entry and make not of the value of its 'atc_airline=' field. Now browse to the directory of the aircraft you would like to assign this callsign to and change the 'atc_airline=' field in its aircraft.cfg entry to what you noted earlier.

There might be some utilities which make this process less clicking-copying-pasting intensive but I cannot state that for sure. I suggest looking at FlightSimManager by RanaInside.