The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with install

selmersax

Hello all...recently purchased the v2.1 package from simmarket. I had used mytraffic in the past, but didn't have it currently installed when i upgraded. The main .exe file works fine, but when i close out of that and then the installer runs .cmd prompt, i get an error message saying its missing a sound .bvd file, and to exit....then i only have the cmd prompt box and nothing else. Any suggestions?

Most likely you did not install to the FS9 main directory. The message may be that ou do not have a file sound\usenglishbig.gvp?

This may happen, if you installed to the FS9 directory ( easy to check, are the aircraft directories ending with my under \aircrafts ?) only if another addon has deleted or renamed that file. In this case we have to think again what to do, what is the name of the biggest file you have under \sound?

Ah, so you are not using the standard voices, so I cannot update them. Did you use EditVoicePack yourself, than you should continue that way, you find an xml find under mytraffic\addon to add all MT2006 callsigns.

Or did another program delete your standard file and install this one, do you know which one?