The simFlight Network Forums

Two throttle w/ reverse

Guest kunzel

Guest kunzel

Pete,

I am building a two throttle with reverse and was thinking to do the reverse as shown in attachement.

A and B are switches attached to the lever throttle. They are normally closed, so, the total resistance with the two fixed resistors in parallel for a throttle is 23.5 Kohm , when I open the switches I have 47 kohm, this way when I put the lever in idle I will have a total of 100+23.5 =123.5 Kohm, if I open the switch, to do the reverse ,I will have 100+47=147 kohm.

I was thinking to set in FSUIPC this way:

1) Set up the MAX in usual manner.

2) Put the lever in idle and do the set up with 123.5 kohm

3) With the lever in idle and open the switch and do the set up for reverse with 147 kohm.

Do you think that this will work ?

Regards

Alberto Kunzel

post-1-12868894839_thumb.jpg

Guest kunzel

Pete,

I am building a two throttle with reverse and was thinking to do the reverse as shown in attachement.

A and B are switches attached to the lever throttle. They are normally closed, so, the total resistance with the two fixed resistors in parallel for a throttle is 23.5 Kohm , when I open the switches I have 47 kohm, this way when I put the lever in idle I will have a total of 100+23.5 =123.5 Kohm, if I open the switch, to do the reverse ,I will have 100+47=147 kohm.

I was thinking to set in FSUIPC this way:

1) Set up the MAX in usual manner.

2) Put the lever in idle and do the set up with 123.5 kohm

3) With the lever in idle and open the switch and do the set up for reverse with 147 kohm.

Regards

Alberto Kunzel

I'm sorry, but I can't get my head around this one. Where are you getting the extra lever movement for reverse from, or do you just want it to go immediately from idle to full reverse? Wouldn't two levers in series do the job, with some sort of mechanical method of stopping the reverse lever moving back before the main lever was at idle?

I'm not saying your idea won't work, but I don't know how at present. Maybe you need to conduct an experiment?

Pete

I'm sorry, but I can't get my head around this one. Where are you getting the extra lever movement for reverse from, or do you just want it to go immediately from idle to full reverse? Wouldn't two levers in series do the job, with some sort of mechanical method of stopping the reverse lever moving back before the main lever was at idle?

I'm not saying your idea won't work, but I don't know how at present. Maybe you need to conduct an experiment?

Pete

Guest kunzel4

Pete,

The lever of the reverse will open and close the switches A and B. Yes I want to go from idle to reverse. The reverse lever is at the same position of the real one, when I pull it to do the reverse of the engine 1 it will open the switch A and when I pull it to do the reverse of engine 2 it will open the switch B.

More clear now ?

Rgds

Alberto Kunzel

Guest kunzel4

Pete,

The lever of the reverse will open and close the switches A and B. Yes I want to go from idle to reverse. The reverse lever is at the same position of the real one, when I pull it to do the reverse of the engine 1 it will open the switch A and when I pull it to do the reverse of engine 2 it will open the switch B.

More clear now ?

Rgds

Alberto Kunzel

More clear now ?

Sorry, not really. I guess I'd have to take some time at it and think it through. I'm really deep into other things at present. It doesn't look too hard to test as a theory anyway, without committing yourself? Let me know what you find.

Regards,

Pete

More clear now ?

Sorry, not really. I guess I'd have to take some time at it and think it through. I'm really deep into other things at present. It doesn't look too hard to test as a theory anyway, without committing yourself? Let me know what you find.

Regards,

Pete