The simFlight Network Forums

Esound

Guest Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

hi,

i have been using esound since a few month with no problem, but since a few weeks, it craches my FS2002 !!!

here is my esound.cfg file :

[Devices]

1=Primary Sound Driver

2=Intel® Integrated Audio

[settings]

1=1,100

2=1,65

3=1,60

[sounds]

1=ding

2=apu_run

3=apu_stop

4=apu_start

[Triggers]

1=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER!=0,4,1

2=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER!=0,2,3,LOOP

3=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER=0,STOP2

4=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER=0,3,1

5=TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER!=0,1,2

6=TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER=0,1,2

7=TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER!=0,1,2

8=TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER=0,1,2

I use the TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER as a APU switch

and i never have any problem with the 4 first triggers

I use the TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER and TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER as the selt belt and no smoking

every time i push the corresponding buttons, the sound DING is played then FS2002 crashes, with the message `FS2002 has encounteredand has to stop, sorry ...`

I tryed to change the DING sound for an other sound ( maybe the ding.wav file was corrupted) , the problem is the same ?

I tryed to change the order of the triggers, the problem is the same

I tryed to use LANDING_LTS instead of TURB_ENGINE_3, still the same

Any idees ???

Is there a way to trigger the sounds by simply a Keyboard button ?

Thanks

Ian Bennett

Guest Ian Bennett

hi,

i have been using esound since a few month with no problem, but since a few weeks, it craches my FS2002 !!!

here is my esound.cfg file :

[Devices]

1=Primary Sound Driver

2=Intel® Integrated Audio

[settings]

1=1,100

2=1,65

3=1,60

[sounds]

1=ding

2=apu_run

3=apu_stop

4=apu_start

[Triggers]

1=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER!=0,4,1

2=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER!=0,2,3,LOOP

3=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER=0,STOP2

4=TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER=0,3,1

5=TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER!=0,1,2

6=TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER=0,1,2

7=TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER!=0,1,2

8=TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER=0,1,2

I use the TURB_ENGINE_3_AFTERBURNER as a APU switch

and i never have any problem with the 4 first triggers

I use the TURB_ENGINE_1_AFTERBURNER and TURB_ENGINE_4_AFTERBURNER as the selt belt and no smoking

every time i push the corresponding buttons, the sound DING is played then FS2002 crashes, with the message `FS2002 has encounteredand has to stop, sorry ...`

I tryed to change the DING sound for an other sound ( maybe the ding.wav file was corrupted) , the problem is the same ?

Any idees ???

Is there a way to trigger the sounds by simply a Keyboard button ?

Thanks

Ian Bennett

There's nothing I've changed thenyou need to work out what you've changed. Maybe a rogue sound file? A problem with the sound driver?

then FS2002 crashes, with the message `FS2002 has encounteredand has to stop, sorry ...`

To get more information -- a DrWatson -- please follow the directions in the FSUIPC User Guide (under the heading "If FS crashes ..."). If you are using Win98SE this will give a helpful file. Unfortunately if you are using XP it is pretty useless.

Hmmmso something else you changed has done the trick. You need to cast your mind back to what happened between it working and it not working.

I'm sorry, I do not develop nor support Esound any more. If I can help I will, but you need to work out what the problem is I'm afraid. The clue will be what happened to make it change. (Maybe Esound itself got corrupted? Did you reinstall from the original Zip or download it again to check?).

Pete

There's nothing I've changed thenyou need to work out what you've changed. Maybe a rogue sound file? A problem with the sound driver?

then FS2002 crashes, with the message `FS2002 has encounteredand has to stop, sorry ...`

To get more information -- a DrWatson -- please follow the directions in the FSUIPC User Guide (under the heading "If FS crashes ..."). If you are using Win98SE this will give a helpful file. Unfortunately if you are using XP it is pretty useless.

Hmmmso something else you changed has done the trick. You need to cast your mind back to what happened between it working and it not working.

I'm sorry, I do not develop nor support Esound any more. If I can help I will, but you need to work out what the problem is I'm afraid. The clue will be what happened to make it change. (Maybe Esound itself got corrupted? Did you reinstall from the original Zip or download it again to check?).

Pete

Guest Ian Bennett

hi

thanks for your help pete, i know you are not supporting esound anymore

the only thing i have changed since the esound is not working any more is the new version of FSUPIC,WideFS and PFC.dll

Otherwise, i have tryed to redownload esound and reinstall, change the sound file

I even reinstalled my Windows XP and FS2002 !!!!

Still cannot gret it working

( at least i have a frech installation of Windows XP and FS2002 )

I will try to update the sound driver

Ian Bennett

Is there any change to have a function in FSUPIC to play sounds from the Button and Key Menu's, in futur version ??

Guest Ian Bennett

hi

thanks for your help pete, i know you are not supporting esound anymore

the only thing i have changed since the esound is not working any more is the new version of FSUPIC,WideFS and PFC.dll

Otherwise, i have tryed to redownload esound and reinstall, change the sound file

I even reinstalled my Windows XP and FS2002 !!!!

Still cannot gret it working

( at least i have a frech installation of Windows XP and FS2002 )

I will try to update the sound driver

Ian Bennett

Is there any change to have a function in FSUPIC to play sounds from the Button and Key Menu's, in futur version ??

It's not on any list yet, and I'm not making one yet. Too busy trying to sort things out for FS9. Please ask me again around Christmas time and it'll go on the list for next year.

Pete

It's not on any list yet, and I'm not making one yet. Too busy trying to sort things out for FS9. Please ask me again around Christmas time and it'll go on the list for next year.

Pete