The simFlight Network Forums

Seasonal CTD and MyWorld2004 Landclass

grimnir

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone ever found a solution to the Seasonal CTD bug? I've already tried adjusting the MaskClassMap entries in the terrain.cfg file, but to no success.

For me, this bug is strictly related to the MyWorld landclass and doesn't occur if I disable this landclass.

Any ideas or patches?

Roger

Hi Burkhard and thanks for the reply! I was told by another friend as well that the 9.1 patch should have take care of this. I do believe I have the patch installed, but since this problem came up I am now a bit uncertain... Perhaps I missed it in some reinstall I made some time ago.

I have tried to locate the version number of FS9 but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas on where to look?

Best,

Roger

Nevermind, I found it inside the sim using the help menu. It's 9.1

That makes it even stranger doesn't it?

Also, I am only having this problem with your landclass, although I have other landclass files for other parts of the world and dozens of other mesh and scenery addons installed. Weird.

Best,

Roger

Well, there are several places, mainly in the USA. For instance HoverControl's Hood River. I have also tried a lot of other states like Arizona and Californa and the sim crashes when loading.

Oh, and I have BirdsEyeView's summer textures installed as well as their Autogen textures. Perhaps there is a problem with this combination and the Seasonal CTD bug? It did work before November though.

I also tried flying in the summer time with the computer clock set to before November but with no success. Perhaps I should try to reinstall MyWorld2004 Landclass?

/Roger

Hi again!

It was indeed 4s2 I was talking about. As you may know, it is HoverControls HQ downloadable as a freeware scenery.

Anyhow, I tried reinstalling the bgl-files and it seems to be working. Guess I should have tried that from the start, but since I came across your mentioning of the Seasonal CTD in the readme file, I kind of got focused on that.

Let's hope it stays ok now... :)

Thanks for all the help!

Roger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.