The simFlight Network Forums

ADF not receiving a signal?

Good evening (or day..wherever you live :D ),

When the ADF does not receive a signal the needle goes to 90 deg - just like in real life. However... on an EFIS there is often an indication that the ADF-signal has gone out. One example is that the arrow (now pointing 90 deg to the right) flashes red.

So.. Is there a way to tell if the ADF has lost it's signal (or if the ADF is receiving a good signal)?

If I would use the 90 deg indication as a "signal lost" indication - the arrow would flash red every now and then (flying an right hand arc or just passing an NDB).

Many thanks in advance!!

/ Magnus Winsth

So.. Is there a way to tell if the ADF has lost it's signal (or if the ADF is receiving a good signal)?

Yes. Are you writing a Gauge with the FS panels SDK? If so, check the gauge variable ADF_SIGNAL_STRENGTH. I think the signal is okay if this is greater than 50.0. There only appears to be a variable for ADF1, however.

If you are talking about an external program, or anything via FSUIPC's interface, then check offset 3300 -- there are separate indicator flags for good reception on ADF1 and ADF2.

Regards,

Pete

Good morning!

Perfect! I actually saw 3300 last night but I only read the first line of the offset description "[FS2k, CFS2 and FS98, as applicable]". I must have misunderstood that line and because I'm using FS2004 I skipped to the next ADF related offset without reading 3300 properly.

Well.. this is what I'm looking for. Thank you!

/ Magnus