The simFlight Network Forums

Thank you

terhi

Nice Work, Burkhard and Hussain.

MyTraffic 2006 is just what I was looking for without realizing it

Now I suppose I'll have to start creating some South African Retro AI paints... :D

I have just posted a thread on AVSIM about MyTraffic 2006 with a thumbs-up.

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cape Town)

That brings up a topic I wanted to discuss in a few days? How welcome is the historical topic? I can imagine as example to create the GMAX models of more historic aircrafts, DC6 or whatever, if this community helps with the historic paintings - we will need thousands :)

All the new models I optimized for very easy painting. The tail is attached directly to the fuseledge, so that you do not need to make any mapping, just can paint.

Burkhard,

Please don't take this the wrong way - I really mean no disrespect, but I must confess I don't like the quality of many of your models much.

I understand that there is a trade-off between Quality, LOD and performance, and a compromise must always be struck. Personally, I am very keen on VERY good looking AI of the quality of AI Aardvark, the newer FS Painter stuff, EvolveAI and DeeWaldron's work, but this is just my opinion. I back up my desires with very high-end hardware. Others may well differ. I realize that the work involved in creating a GMAX model of that kind of quality is huge (I used to teach 3D Studio Max for a living, and I know what is involved) and would be impossible without collaboration with many many others. However, perhaps licensing would be the key...

Ideally, I would like to see MyTraffic 2007 contain many of these above-mentioned base aircraft. However, I realize that you may well have a problem with licensing issues with these authors. (It would save me a ton of installation work, however. :lol: )

Having said all that, I will glady help out with painting - just drop me a PM.

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cape Town)

Well, not that I tried. I'm in permanent contact with some of the designer friends you mentioned, but they have learned that any freeware group immediately collapses when money is involved. I do have a collaboration to announce yet, waiting for the final OK from my partners, but was allowed to include an example of their work in MT2006. For me this exceeds all those you mentioned by far, really a brilliant example. On a larger scale, inclusion of 160 models of that quality would bring the price into regions that exceed your hardware bill - and we spoke about model 165 or 195.

The future model I expect will be to have a general AI installation with 200 or more aircraft models, ages, 7000++ airports, many of them only a single runway in FS9, and like you install those places that you like and visit oftenly as airports, you may install individual aircrafts supplied by partners.

In this I'm very open to speak with any other designer to organize this in a safe and supportable way. That is the hardest problem, how to check case something isn't working.