The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder and FSUIPC settings

Hi Pete,

when I applie left rudder, first the plane deviates slightly to the right before turning left ; this is very frustrating especialy when taxiing.

I suppose this is a problem not related to FSUIPC,nor type of plane, and it only affects turning left .Is there some setting of FSUIPC that could eleminate this annoyance ?

I have the registrated FSUIPC.

regards, Patrick Dochy

when I applie left rudder, first the plane deviates slightly to the right before turning left

Is this is a light aircraft, a prop? Maybe its some gyro effect of the way the prop is turning. This seems likely as, you say, it only affects turning left. Are you sure it isn't realistic for that aircraft?

this is very frustrating especialy when taxiing.

It happens when TAXIING!??? Phew. Don't know what that is. Sounds like the tyres don't have much grip!?

I suppose this is a problem not related to FSUIPC,nor type of plane, and it only affects turning left .Is there some setting of FSUIPC that could eleminate this annoyance ?

No, nothing at all. I would check your aircraft realism settings if I were you -- in the FS Aircraft menu. Many of the effects are overdone to say the least. Try setting the sliders somewhere near the middle. That seems to give the most realistic results for most light aircraft, though it does depend a lot on the modelling. You'll find some really good professionally designed aircraft for FS are a lot better than the default ones too.

Regards,

Pete

No, it happens with every plane, not only props but also with PDMG 737 !

Could be a hardware poblem with my pedals.

Ah, yes, in that case it certainly would indicate something odd with the pedals. Try enabling the Axis logging in FSUIPC (Logging page, one of the checkboxes on the left). Just enable it then slowly press left rudder, then disable it and view the FSUIPC LOG. See if there are any "out of order" values on the AXIS_RUDDER control.

I was wondering what "spike elemination" does in FSUIPC?

The eliminates extreme spikes, max deflection, which were actually inserted by some of the add-on aircraft in FS2002 9the 767PIC was one, I think). I never new why. I doubt if it will help here, though you can try it without harm.

What may work for you is the FSUIPC Filter option, and maybe the Slope option to get a flatter area near rudder centre. For these you'd need to calibrate the rudder in FSUIPC of course. Whether it works really depends on what sort of incorrect value the rudder pedals are giving.

Also check your rudder trim is centred. Not all of the aircraft have a rudder trim wheel, but find one that has and centre it there. It should stay centred for all, then, at least until you load another Flight with a different setting.

Regards,

Pete