The simFlight Network Forums

Weather setting in FS9 clears?

Hi Peter

First of all MERRY XMAS and many thanks for your continued hard work with the FSUIPC updates you keep doing for us. It really is apprieciated :wink:

I have a question on weather settings within FS9, I am not sure if its related to FSUIPC or not.

If I choose one of the preset weather scenarios in FS9, for instance the fair weather setting, I select OK and allow it to load. The weather seems to load ok but imediately clear and when I go back into the FS9 weather engine the fair weather setting has become unchecked and user defined weather selects itself..

It doesn't seem to do this all the time just occassionly ?

Do you think this is related to FSUIPC in any way ?

Am I missing something obvious ?

I hope I have explained the situ ok and apologise if its been asked before but can't find anything directly relating to this in the archives.

Cheers Peter,

Stu 184

http://margaritaair.com/

If I choose one of the preset weather scenarios in FS9, for instance the fair weather setting, I select OK and allow it to load. The weather seems to load ok but imediately clear and when I go back into the FS9 weather engine the fair weather setting has become unchecked and user defined weather selects itself.

Sound like you have enabled the "Allow changes to FS own weather" option in the Technical options page of FSUIPC. Please see the User documentation.

It is a good idea to read the descriptions of these options in the dox before enabling them, just in case you get results you weren't expecting. ;-)

Regards,

Pete