The simFlight Network Forums

MY TRAFFIC

BLAZER

Hello..I uninstalled FS 9.1 update and then reinstalled it. I had very active MY TRAFFIC AI aircraft before I did the procedure. Since reinstalling FS 9.1 i now have less AI traffic. The setting have stayed the same. Could this reinstalling FS 9.1 update have changed something with MY TRAFFIC? Any help would be appreciated..Regards..Terry

My personal advice, too late in this case. Uninstallation of software should be avoided under all circumstances, and the more complex a software gets, the bigger the ALL should be written.

Complexity is very high as soon as any add ons or pataches are involved.

Theortical Informatics will teach you, that if you install a product like FS9, than any addon or patch A, than addon or patch B, and than remove A, the behaviour of the remaining Torso is unpredictable.

This said, MyTraffic is not a complex addon, and AI traffic is not affected by the 9.1 patch. First thing would be to check if MyWorldairports still is in the scenery library, and still active, and still in the right order.

Next, the 6 traffic files in scenery\word\scenery still exist? If not, make a double click to /trafficbat.bat ( resp. run Select_AI_Year) for MT2006 again.

Hello Burkhard..Thanks for the reply and the advise regarding uninstalling and installing etc.I was very reluctant to take this route but i had encountered a traffic.dll problem and could not access FS9. The 6 MY TRAFFIC files are in the proper folder and MY WORLD AIRPORTS is in the scenery library and active. I am not sure where it should be placed to be in the right order. Thanks again...Regards..Terry

If you had a traffic.dll problem, that is a nasty story. This exists twice on your computer. There is a small traffic.bgl in the FS9 modules folder, I'm not quite aware what it does, but definitively not AI traffic, that is AI_PLAYR.DLL. A second is in the windows\system32 folder and responsible for IP-traffic ( and a major point of access by spyware ). I assume the traffic.dll in the FS9 folder is just the same ( has the same size at least ) with some special things for FS9 Internet access.

So, a traffic.dll problem just means an IP problem... I assume.

Hello.. Burkhard & Husain..Thanks for your replies. I have FS 9 working ok with sceneries as they should be and MY TRAFFIC aircraft working ok. The traffic.dll problem was in the Modules folder and it had reverted back to traffic.dll.9.0.0. With the uninstalling and installing of FS 9.1 i now have the traffic dll..9.1.0. I have made a back up of the Modules folder for any future problems..Thanks for your help..Regards...Terry