The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic2006 will not install

zoelena

:( Hi,

I tried to install MyTraffic2006 but as soon as the extracting starts the exe stops. I have not got a lot of space on c-harddisk but I changed My computer to install temp file to another harddisk. I do not not start the exe form the c-harddisk.

Any help is highly appriciated.

Kind regards,

Anton Will van Zoelen

Hi Anton,

Could you give some more details as to what exactly happens when the installer stops? Is there an error or does it simply disappear? If there is an error, its likely that that the installer download was corrupted so try downloading again.

Before you do that though, try executing the installer with your anti-virus software temporarily disabled (make sure you disconnect your internet first...most firewalls will allow you to block all internet traffic). Anti-virus software has been known to interfere with installers.

MyTraffic2006 needs three GB to install, if these arent available on the disk where FS9 is installed you have to make them free first.

Anyways, NTFS as file system requires a lot of free disk space to be operational, in order to be able to sort up the change logs it creates, remember it is a log file system and not a flat one. As a rule of thumb, 25% of an NTFS disk should always remain free under normal operation, below 20% access can get very slow.

:(

Hi

Thanks for your quick respons. Download ed the exe again. When I started a got a "bad crc" "file might be corrupted"message. Download again and the same message appeared.

Funny that you download 296 MB and the size of the exe is only

about 8MB. Is this normal?

I have about 6GB available on the disk where FS2004 is installed.

Waiting in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Anton Will van Zoelen