The simFlight Network Forums
Valcor

Stutt.....stutt....stuttering!

For any other package than MT2006V40, I recommend that you

install the aircraftmods folder into the FS9 structure, so that it is sitting besides the aircraft folder:

FS9

aircraft

aircraftmods

Than you can convert all MT folders

(after making a backup of them case you haven't one)

by just executing the batch procedures for Airbus, Boeing and the rest. You will see few messages that directories that do not exist in MT2004 couldn't be copied, but that can be ignored easily.

Thank you for the reply. I put the Aircraftmods folder inside the FS9 aircraft folder and then ran the MakeDXT1NoMipMaps bat. A window called Batch Process appeared, though blank. Behind that a batch file program box containing

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Aircraftmods>imaget

ool -r -batch -nowarning -nomip -32 -e bmp *_t*.bmp

I clicked on "done" but nothing seemed to change. What am I missing?

Michael

I figured out how to convert the textures. I thought I would see a significant improvement on the stuttering and framerates problem. Very little seen.

Is MT2006 any better?

Michael

Did you run the procedures for Airbus, Boeing and the rest? While it cannot affect framerate, it definitevely cures the DXT3 loading problem?

Hi Michael, why no mips? AFAIK, mipped textures have a positive influence on performance. Maybe something to consider? If you're still facing troubles even with DXT1 textures, something might not be right or 'in proportion' in general. Good luck and kind regards

Jaap

On most adapters you will get optimal performance with DXT1 mipped, and worst with DXT3 unmipped ( really bad). But depending on drivers, DX9 version, and FS9 settings we discussed, mip mapped may lead to blurries, but typically don't.

OK. Converted to DXT1 Mips and actually saw an improvement. Still stuttering frequently but I think you're moving in the right direction. I hope to be using MyTraffic continously in the near future. BTW, C130's at KSWF have no wheels.

Michael

I cannot confirm that at KSWF ( as delivered by MyTraffic2006) the C130 have no wheel, they are exactly placed at ground, independent if I start in paused mode or in live mode.