The simFlight Network Forums

Beginners question about add-on scenery

Emacs

Hi all,

first of all: merry christmas to all of you!

Now a quick question: after some years of absence I'm coming back to FS2004. I have installed a lot of Aerosofts German Airports and Scenery Germany Add-Ons (including the new EDDF Frankfurt).

Recently I installed MyTraffic 2006 on top of it. The AI traffic works fine, but the planes taxi all in the wrong places on the German Airports.

I remember that I need some AFCAD files to solve this, but I cannot remember where to get them or what to do with them (was there some compiling to be done to get a database updated??).

Can anyone give me a quick pointer to get me into the right direction?

Cheers,

Emacs

I also have installed aerosoft mega airport franfkurt on both laptop and desktop. it should give u a new afcad as i didnt touch anything and right away it will give correct afcad. What u should do is go to \Flight Simulator 9\Aerosoft\EDDF_2005 and in there open aitraffic. Select if u want static or not then click yes that u do have my traffic or a ai traffic porgram. it will give u the correct afcad. it will have 4 options. AI traffic like my traffic without static, ai traffic of flight sim without static, ai traffic of flightsim with static, and ai traffic like my traffic with static.

Nope, doesn't work for me.

In Aerosofts MegaAirport Frankfurt the MyTraffic 2006 AI planes are crawling all over the place. On the grass, through buildings, everywhere.

There has to be a trick to this.

I read a bit in the documentation and placed the MyTraffic Scenery entries in the Scenery Database below the Add-On sceneries - but to no avail.

Any ideas or hints?

Cheers,

Emacs

Hmm...strange. I didn't know a restart could fix even these problems :)

In most cases, misaligned AI traffic is caused by an incorrect placement of the MyWorldAirports layer in the scenery library. The MyWorldAirports layer must appear immediately below the Addon Scenery layer in the scenery library.