The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VCSIGDA

Performance Problems MT2006

Hi all,

To start off I just wanted to say I really like MT2006, Great job!!

The down side is I can not use it for some reason.

I am running a P4 3.0g machine, 1gig Ram, ATI 9800 Pro 128 4x,4x, Audigy2 sound, Latest drivers for all, All services possible are shut down in WindowsXP Pro, FSAutostart cleans a few more up, Defragged before each flight, ASV6 clouds 128*128*32, no virus programs running, FSGenisis mesh, UT Canada and USA, ect... ect... (more details if needed).

At any airport, in the defaut cessna 182, When I first load the flight with AI at 28%, both types turned on (airline and General), I can spin around using the hat switch on the CH Yoke no problem. If I stop for a minute, then spin around again in spot view, I will spin really good until I get a AI plane in view. The computer FPS stay really high during these really big stutters (28 FPS). If I take away AI, I can spin around freely (dependant on clouds), If I put one 727 AI plane in the way, my massive stutters return. It only takes one big plane to mess things up, I have not re-enabled the default AI to see if it will do the same thing.

I removed the planes like you said in the other post, but the massive stutters are still there.

There wierd thing is this, in spot view, If I keep that one AI plane in view, or should I say memory, I can spin around freely, but if I am in spot view with the AI plane not visible, then spin around , the stutter returns when I reach the AI plane.

Do I have a memory leak?

Any Ideas may help.

Edit: I just disabled my traffic BGL's and enabled Microsofts defaut AI, the result is much better. I had Four AI , big planes in view and when I did the same test as above, I could pan around more smoothly, when I panned around and got to the AI, I would get a bit of stutter but nothing like the one AI plane from MY Traffic. MY Traffic planes may be better in quality though.

Thanks a bunch,

Vincent Sigda

Hi all,

I just installed the notebook textures for mytraffic 2006, it helped a little but the problem still remains. As long as AI are in view there is no problem, the minute AI are not in view and I use the hat switch in spot view to spin around, a big stutter, like the airplane can jump 10ft ahead if I was moving.

I have AI at 12-24%

FPS stay high during the stutters

How do I keep AI in memory?

Microsoft AI didnt seem as bad. A bit of jerkyness at a AI point, but it would keep spinning around in spot view, no big stutters.

Thanks a bunch,

Vincent Sigda

What you are describing is the same problem I have and posted about in my Stuttering post below. I can pan arond freely if AI stays in view. If I look to other side of airport with no AI, then try and look back to AI I get a massive stutter while AI loads in then it it smooth again until I look away again.

Most annoying part, while accelerating down runway, the same problem with smaller stuttering happens as the closer, more detailed version of the AI a/c load in.

I haven't been able to identify another addon installed or cpu setting that is causing the problem.

If you find a solution, please let me know.

Spot view is known not to prefetch anything in memory that might appear, so while it is programmed to stutter if the spotter moves. If I use it and spin around, I get the same missing frames on stock airports like CDG with 0% AI traffic. We are examining how to improve though, interesting you still get it with the notebook version were I definitively cannot get it. (Unless I order FS to stutter by putting the framerate delimiter above 80% of the minimal framerate ).

Now I'm waiting for response on the explicit mip mapping technology.

I have Radeon X850PE with newest drivers as that was my last troubleshooting attempt before I left for holiday.

I have not been able to test with notebook version. All my tests are performed in 2d panel and VC views.

Hi All,

I am running the ATI Radeon 9800 PRO with the CCC 5.12 drivers.

A a trial thing to try out, I re-installed my Ultimate Traffic with latest schedule. I am able to use 100% AI with no problems like the one mentioned above. I will get a nomal stutter by using 100% AI, (Actually with 100% AI at the departure airport , the sim stays very smooth,,,,,when I land at the arrival airport ,the sim is a little more stuttery, Things degrade over time as you fly).

I disabled the autogen.

I have no idea why this issue may be showing up.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi,

Its strange that this behaviour is only occuring on some systems. Burkhard is looking into the problem and I am sure he'll post his findings and hopefully a solution as soon as something substantial is found.