The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic2006 and Add/Remove Programs Problem

gbaum

Greetings My Traffic2006 has produced a problem in the Add-Remove programs section of my computers control panel. Instead of a listing in the add-remove programs it has produced a very large blank space in the listing of programs that you must scroll through to see the programs that should appear right after My Traffic 2006.

I saw this same problem in My Traffic 2004 and it was caused by an error in the registry listing.

With My Traffic 2004 I changed:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyTraffic Editor

To:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyTraffic-Editor

Note the space between My Traffic Editor .In My Traffic 2004 if this space was there it would produce this problem and if you put the dash instead of the space the problem would go away.

Is there a similar fix to this problem with My Traffic 2006?

Thanks

Gary

Here is a screen shoot of the problem:

The begining-note position of the scrol bar

15.jpg

The end of the problem-note how far I had to scroll to get here!

22.jpg

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what's causing the problem but here's one way of fixing it:

Rename the 'Flight Simulator 9' directory to something like 'Flight Simulator 9.ori'. Create an emptry directory named 'Flight Simulator 9' in the same location and place the UnInstall_MTMT2006.exe and UnInstall_MTMT2006.txt in that directory. Now Run UnInstall_MTMT2006.exe from the newly created directory.

Once this is done, delete the newly created 'Flight Simulator 9' folder and rename the 'Flight Simulator 9.ori' folder back to 'Flight Simulator 9'. This will delete the black block from the add/remove programs list but it may mean that if you ever want to uninstall MyTraffic, you will have to reinstall it before you are able to successfully reinstall. In most cases, however, it is far better to just disable MyTraffic by renaming the traffic bgl files with .ori extensions instead of uninstalling it.