The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Option to block GPS positionning aircrafts

Hi,

I remember a long time ago when we have in FSUIPC an option to tick than prevented FS to position the aircraft at a precise place, when loading a flight plan for instance. And if I'm correct, this FSUIPC option disappeared when FS9 included the inbuilt prompt asking if we accept or not to position the aircraft at the first point of the flight plan...

I'd like this FSUIPC option to come back though, for instance when I have a problem with Radar Contact, I could load a previously saved flight situation (thanks to AutoSave) and then restart Radar Contact. It allows an in-flight recover "but" instantly slews me over the departure location... with such FSUIPC option I could prevent FS to slew me at restarting Radar Contact. I'll also post this at Radar Contact forum of course...

Regards,

I'd like this FSUIPC option to come back though

i don't think it's possible -- I never found the place to hook for it.

... when I have a problem with Radar Contact, I could load a previously saved flight situation (thanks to AutoSave) and then restart Radar Contact. It allows an in-flight recover "but" instantly slews me over the departure location

But the Flight file saved with Radar Contact restart information should certainly position you at the place the aircraft was when the flight was saved. That's the whole point. You should be using Radar Contact to reload the flight for you -- it will reload the flight, the weather and all of its own saved data! There's a button on its main start-up window for this. Do NOT load the Flight in FS, just tell RC to do it.

Regards

Pete