The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.53 (and Elite Hardware)

I recently upgraded my operating system from Win 98 to XP Pro. I therefore needed to reinstall MSFS 2004 and obtain another FSUIPC to work with my ELITE PI 121 PCATD. Iwent to simarket and obtained a key for a registed version. I originally downloaded 3.52 to my desktop and then moved the contents to the modules folder. I then registed using the key provided by simmarket. It did not work with my hardware. I then went to your forums page and went back to download 3.53. It works just as well, (not at all). If I am overlooking something in the installation process please direct to me to some detailed instructions. 3.53 does currently show as a registered version but still does nothing with my hardware. I did not have this problem when installing the FSUIPC previously on both MSFS 2002 and 2004 while running Win 98. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am not primarily a software engineer, just a pilot.

I recently upgraded my operating system from Win 98 to XP Pro. I therefore needed to reinstall MSFS 2004 and obtain another FSUIPC to work with my ELITE PI 121 PCATD. Iwent to simarket and obtained a key for a registed version.

You didn't need to do that! You could have merely re-installed and re-registered FSUIPC with your original details.

I originally downloaded 3.52 to my desktop and then moved the contents to the modules folder.

Not all of the contents, I hope? You only want the FSUIPC.DLL file. The rest is documentation and additional optional utility programs.

I then registed using the key provided by simmarket. It did not work with my hardware. I then went to your forums page and went back to download 3.53. It works just as well, (not at all).

What version of FSUIPC were you using with your Elite hardware before? It is not a package I know, but apparently there were incorrect version checks in some Elite drivers. If it is an early version see if there's an update. You may need to contact Elite about it. You should of course also check that the Elite drivers are working correctly on WinXP -- again, depending how they drive their hardware they may have had to make a new version for XP.

If you want me to confirm that it is the Elite drivers which have the problem, please enable IPC read and IPC write logging in the FSUIPC options (Modules menu in FS, FSUIPC, Logging tab). Run the Elite driver, see it not working, then close down FS and show me the FSUIPC.LOG file you will find in the FS Modules folder. If it is too large to display in a message, Zip it and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

The solution was actually a simple one once I realized I had to go to a different site and download the ELITE FS utility. In my case I found it at http://www.aviationsimulation.co.uk In the past it was a simple matter of going to the ELITES web and getting it from there. Apparently this is not the case any longer. I can't speak for others but tech support from ELITE in general has deteriorated in my opinion and doesn't appear to be very interested in this any longer.

The solution was actually a simple one once I realized I had to go to a different site and download the ELITE FS utility. In my case I found it at http://www.aviationsimulation.co.uk In the past it was a simple matter of going to the ELITES web and getting it from there. Apparently this is not the case any longer. I can't speak for others but tech support from ELITE in general has deteriorated in my opinion and doesn't appear to be very interested in this any longer.

Well, I'm pleased that you solved it nonetheless.

Regards,

Pete