The simFlight Network Forums

New Version of Fsuipc ???

Pete,

Since upgrading to new version, FS threw a wobbler and told me that the following dlls would not be loaded, when i clicked on ok, it then crashed, it has also put Fsuip.dll in the old modules section of FS9.cfg

Is it supposed to do this, i have had to add the below dlls also to get it back working, any ideas?.

A320Pic.dll

AdvConnect.dll

FSConnect.dll

sbtrans9.dll

Cheers regards Paul

Since upgrading to new version

What version do you consider "new" please? I always need numbers. And what was your previous version?

FS threw a wobbler and told me that the following dlls would not be loaded, when i clicked on ok, it then crashed, it has also put Fsuip.dll in the old modules section of FS9.cfg

Do you really mean Fsuip, not Fsuipc? Does it add things itself to the oldmodules section? I've never heard of such a capability!

FSUIPC cannot in any way affect how FS decides to treat other modules -- by the time FSUIPC is loaded, so are all the other modules. If FS is rejecting some of your add-on modules it is more likely that it is the EXE for FS which had been changed. You haven't tried installing a "cracked" version recently and got the wrong file, by any chance?

Whatever the original cause, it sounds very much like you have a corrupt install of FS2004 on your hands.

What does the FSUIPC.Log file say (if you managed to run FS, the Log will be in the FS Modules folder). There's information near the start of the log which may help.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I am using 3.53, before that i was using 3.52, i aleays update, each time you release it.

I havent installed a crack version or anything, but would certainly agree with you that maybe it has become corrupted, can i sort this without having to reinstall the lot over?. have included a copy of my FS9.cfg

Regards Paul

fs9.copy.zip

Pete,

I am using 3.53, before that i was using 3.52, i aleays update, each time you release it.

Okay, then in that case the problem you have is certainly nothing to do with FSUIPC. The only real difference between 3.52 and 3.53 is that it accepts new 2006 registrations.

I havent installed a crack version or anything, but would certainly agree with you that maybe it has become corrupted, can i sort this without having to reinstall the lot over?. have included a copy of my FS9.cfg

I really don't know enough about those parameters to analyse that for you, sorry. If you only suspect a CFG file error then simply delete it and let FS make another. You may have to go and set your FS options again, but that doesn't take too long.

Your [OldModules] section contains a load of stuff that probably should never be there:

[OLDMODULES]

FSSOUND.dll=1

HOSTSB.dll=1

SOARRec.dll=1

GFMCP2k4.dll=1

FSUIPC.DLL=1

GAUGES.DLL=1

A320Pic.dll=1

AdvConnect.dll=1

FSConnect.dll=1

sbtrans9.dll=1

Most certainly FSUIPC shouldn't be there.

Adding those makes FS bypass the simple version number check in the modules. If any of those modules are specifically for FS2002 and before they may play havoc, so you certainly want to be sure they are correct for FS2004 BEFORE adding them into this section.

Wasn't there an FSUIPC.Log file produced bt the way?

Pete