The simFlight Network Forums

Need Help!!!

ajweber

Hi,

I'm new to the whole flight sim thing and I'm really excited about the different things that can be done through the different SDK's avaliable. I'm learning how to get around, but I need some help to do what I want to do. I've been looking around for a while now trying to piece together a carrier group that I can fly from and move at will. I found a moveable carrier, but I don't know how or where to find static aircraft to put on my carrier. So I'm considering paying someone to create what I need. Would you be up for doing some work creating the aircraft I need and possibly doing some scenery for me? If the answer is yes then we will talk about all specifics and how much you'd charge. If I'm able to study how someone else does what I need to have done, it'll be easier for me to learn how to do it myself over time. Hope to hear from you soon!

ajweber@ajweber.com

AJ

Hi,

static aircrafts are not a real problem, that is ordinary scenery. What I unfortunately consider impossible is a moving airport - everything that you can move is by definition an aircraft in FS9, and aircrafts cannot have hard surfaces attached as the first of a long row of no ways...

There is no way unless you have the GMAX sources. And than it is still some work.

As example, many objects of aircrafts get properties just through these names. Take everything that has a name starting with c_gear_top - it will get code added to be moved by the central gear animation.

This code cannot be cut out of the mdl. It even crashes when you try to compile it as scenery object - you have to rename it before compilation to scenery bgl to get the extra code off.

The static aircraft I'm looking for won't be AI controlled, just aircraft that I can download to convert to scenery objects to mix in with the AI versions of the same aircraft. That way I can keep my the flight decks full and with the same parking configuration you find on aircraft carriers (launch, recover, ect..) I also have an amphib ship that I'd like to put various static helo's on the same way (CH-53, Sea Cobra, CH-46, Harrier II's ect..) all with folded wings and blades.

AJ