The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.53 and throttle

Hi all.

Since I have istalled v 3.53 of FSUIPC my prop aicraft would not get to full power. I have the CH USB flight yoke and I have tried C172 default and SF 260 Realair.

I move the power lever all fwd but after a short while it goes idle aborting take off.

Everything OK with jets autothrottle.

Any hints?

Thank you.

Giuseppe.

Since I have istalled v 3.53 of FSUIPC my prop aicraft would not get to full power. I have the CH USB flight yoke and I have tried C172 default and SF 260 Realair.

I move the power lever all fwd but after a short while it goes idle aborting take off.

Everything OK with jets autothrottle.

If you are not using FSUIPC for any joystick calibration it isn't really doing anything. Why do you think this is anything to do with FSUIPC? Have you any reason for asserting so? Were you using FSUIPC before? What do you use it for?

What has the AUTOthrottle on a jet got to do with the MANUAL throttle on your props?

It sounds rather as if you simply need to calibrate your throttle properly or check for a faulty unit. If you have been messing about with FSUIPC options you don't understand, just try closing FS, deleting the FSUIPC.INI file from the FS Modules folder, and loading FS again. FSUIPC will then start with all default settings.

Regards,

Pete

Dear Pete,

Thank you for your reply.

I solved the problem. Besides CH USB Yoke I also had CH USB Flightstick insatalled which caused the problem. I did never experience this problem before with both flight controls installed and, when upgrading FSUIPC, never touched the joy calibration: in fact it is all automatic.

Thank you anyway for your time and your excellent software.

P.S. I am a registered user.

Giuseppe.

I solved the problem. Besides CH USB Yoke I also had CH USB Flightstick insatalled which caused the problem. I did never experience this problem before with both flight controls installed ...

Ah, that's one of the things I should have remembered to ask you to check -- multiple assigned controls.

You don't need to uninstall devices, just make sure there's only one assignment per control in the FS Options-Controls-Assignments section. There's a drop-down there which lists the different controls attached. You can use them all, but, worse, by default FS will assign the same axes to the same controls in each device.

This default assignment will occur whenever FS has re-generate its FS9.CFG file for any reason, or if you actually installed or de-installed devices it already had listed.

I am working on a system for axis assignment in FSUIPC, so all the FS kerfuffle can be bypassed, but it won't be ready for a while.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this is the same kind of problem, but I cannot get the mixture levers to be controlled by FSUIPC joysticks (nos 5&6)....did the calibrattion with CH Ctrl Mgr, assignments in FS, sens max, null min, start FS, go to modules, FSUIPC, joysticks, separate mixture and cannot get any values to show up on reset, where am I going wrong?? called CH Products and they said to just use the basic FS assignment............if so, how do I turn off the FSUIPC joystick controls?? Have aregistered copy............Other question, if I have activesky, traffic 2005, etc., what does FSUIPC do for or with these programs on FS??? Sure will appreciate an answer as the new quadrant is great fun but the mixture thing is frustration.........thanks much RRL

thanks for your comment, so it is best to have the reg FSUIPC running?? Does AS6 run without setting it up before starting FS and Just running FS with real weather setting?? The reason I ask is that I might have to shut off FSUIPC if I can't get the quadrant levers to work............thanks

Jim, thanks for the advice, will then have to get my quadrant to work!! Responce to earlier post, I did go to page two, but if the Mixture 1 controller dows not respond , then no heop in mapping other levers, now how do I get no 5 lever to come alive?? Read somewhere that this is a default reverser??..........Back to active sky, is this running in FS, even though I did not specifically start AV6??? RRL

Actually I think I was mistaken about the check in the map box, that is for one lever to control all mixtures. Take the check out of the box on page 2. Apparently though you say the levers are registering in FS when you assign them but not in FSUIPC? Do they work correctly in FS?

Bud

Bud, got all the levers to work after getting advice to put ALL sensitivities to max, that means moving the slider to catch the last three positions.....took me a long time before I figured that out.....now all is fine and great to have the quadrant!!! RRL