The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 2006 ATIS Problem...

Nightflight

Hi everybody,

i have installed My Traffic 2006 and since then at Frankfurt Airport (EDDF) ATC and ATIS announcements include runways that do not exist!! Rwy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for example. AI Traffic is guided to these Rwys and they appear in the ATIS. At other airport I have not noticed problems of that kind so far.

Has anybody an idea how i could fix that problem??

I did the complete installation of MT2006 and also the soundpatch was installed.

thanx in advance!!

nightflight

That is the price that we have to pay for decent AI traffic at EDDF. These runways, located 70 miles away, form the so called star that convinces FS9 to use the 18/36.

Without these, no usage of 18/36, and that means not more than 30-40% of AI density without complete blockage.

Hi,

in the meantime I noticed the same problem also at other airports. I solved it by deactivation of the My World Aiports scenery in the scenery library. This additional scenery came with MT2006. Do you think i miss many features if i inactivate this scenery (maybe also AI features)??

In EDDF it seems to be highly complicated. Do you think it is possible to stop AI traffiv from landing on 18/36 and takeoff on 36??

Do AI planes actually fly the STAR/SID routings?

Thanx for your help! I appreciate it!!

nightflight

AI planes fly the shortest line between a grid of points defined by the traffic compiler. Using Trafficdatabasebuilder2002 or ttools, they use the FS8 grid, using Trafficdatabasebuilder2004 a more detailed grid, but that has nothing to do with real world but the linear extrapolations of the runways.

Disabling MyWorldairports just means that the airports cannot handle more traffic than Microsoft supllied in the stock scenery without problem, so I stongly recommend to enable it.

In Germany, EDDF, EDDK and EDDH have stars associated to make usage of all runways, so if you want you can rename AF2_EDDF.bgl to AF2_EDDF.bgp.passive etc to selectively switch off those airports - but what is the problem to have them in the lists?

Ok, I think i´ll give it a try and enable My World Airports again if that has positive effects on the traffic load. As long as one does not tune in the ATIS it does not matter. Are there any visible objects included in that scenery or does it have only the function for the AI traffic??

At which position to you have this scenery in the library?? The Real Germany 1 addon scenery should be on top right?

MyTraffic 2006 indeed comes with many visible changes - I assume that no other addon changes little things at so many places. As example, many of the military fields that are a runway only in FS are made to full aiports, starting in Wiesbaden since we talked about EDDF.

The ideal location for MyWorldAirports in scenery library is in most cases one below "Addon Scenery".