The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hans Exel

AFCAD FILES

Do you mean one supplied with the third party tool, or one supplied by another source.

In the second case, case you have a checked verfied layout file ICAO1.txt, (ICAO stands for the 4 letter code, EDDF as example for Frankfurt) just use scasm to compile it

SCASM ICAO1.txt XYICAO1.bgl

place this into the MyTrafficAFD\scenery directory and rename the MyICAO1.bgl to MyICAO1.bgl.passive.

In some case you may have to run the synchronize process after this.

Please note that most layouts you get on the internet are not suitable for for AI traffic, many of them need hundreds of changes, from trivial technical bugs to logical flows, until they work properly.

Do you mean one supplied with the third party tool, or one supplied by another source.

In the second case, case you have a checked verfied layout file ICAO1.txt, (ICAO stands for the 4 letter code, EDDF as example for Frankfurt) just use scasm to compile it

SCASM ICAO1.txt XYICAO1.bgl

place this into the MyTrafficAFD\scenery directory and rename the MyICAO1.bgl to MyICAO1.bgl.passive.

In some case you may have to run the synchronize process after this.

Please note that most layouts you get on the internet are not suitable for for AI traffic, many of them need hundreds of changes, from trivial technical bugs to logical flows, until they work properly.

Hi Burkhard,

I have d/l several from flightsim.com. Does that mean they cannot be used for MYtraffic?

How do I know if they will work for Mytraffic?

What is the program you call "Scasm"?

Hey, I am not too technical and hope to better myTraffic with these additions.

Regards,

Hans

Hi Burkhard,

I have d/l several from flightsim.com. Does that mean they cannot be used for MYtraffic?

How do I know if they will work for Mytraffic?

What is the program you call "Scasm"?

Hey, I am not too technical and hope to better myTraffic with these additions.

Regards,

Hans

Hi Hans,

You can use the files but as Burkhard said, they may not allow MyTraffic to run at its best at those airports.

It is therefore best to avoid importing layouts from the internet. For most airports, with default scenery, the layouts provided with MyTraffic are already optimized.

If you need to make AI traffic compatible with a 3rd party scenery, and the third party scenery layout is not provided in the tool available from the MyTraffic website downloads section, then you can use the following method:

1. Go to [FS2002]\SCENEDB\MyTrafficAFD\Scenery directory

2. Find the corresponding .bgl file. It will be in a MY[iCAO]1.bgl format where ICAO is replaced by the ICAO code of the airport.

3. Rename the .bgl extention of the file to .bgl.passive to disable it.

4. Open AFCAD and import your edited layout file. It will now work as intended.

Hi Hans,

You can use the files but as Burkhard said, they may not allow MyTraffic to run at its best at those airports.

It is therefore best to avoid importing layouts from the internet. For most airports, with default scenery, the layouts provided with MyTraffic are already optimized.

If you need to make AI traffic compatible with a 3rd party scenery, and the third party scenery layout is not provided in the tool available from the MyTraffic website downloads section, then you can use the following method:

1. Go to [FS2002]\SCENEDB\MyTrafficAFD\Scenery directory

2. Find the corresponding .bgl file. It will be in a MY[iCAO]1.bgl format where ICAO is replaced by the ICAO code of the airport.

3. Rename the .bgl extention of the file to .bgl.passive to disable it.

4. Open AFCAD and import your edited layout file. It will now work as intended.