The simFlight Network Forums

Glacier/Freight Dogs/Shorty's

Hello Holger,

Hope while you are in the area you will be able to look at the Shorty's Farm area from Freight Dog's_The Scenery.

The only fix, thus far, to make Shorty's look as intended is to disable Glacier.

A couple of threads/screenshots noting the problem area:

http://forum.aerosoft-shop.com/viewtopic.php?t=6437

http://forum.aerosoft-shop.com/viewtopic.php?t=6278

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks Holger... but sorry the fix didn't help (at least for me).

I didn't get any change down at Shorty's Farm with the fix. Shorty's topside is flattened and the whole airstrip area elevated. Some of the mountains in the area are also shortened or turned into a volcano-like appearance.

I think it means you have some other mesh files active for that area....... with 'funny' elevations??

There was another thread on the subject, I believe also at Aerosoft.

Ah yes. It seems it is caused by 'removed backup' files, thereby not recognizing if Misty Fjords is installed or not.... Read here and see if that solves it for you:

http://forum.aerosoft-shop.com/viewtopic.php?t=6278

Thanks Francois,

The link you provided is actually where I started and one of the two links in my first post above. I've run .bat files, looked for same named bak/bgl's, etc.

That doesn't mean I can't be overlooking some fine point or am too thick-headed to comprehend the material. Totally possible. :?

To this point, the only thing that straightens out the area, as intended for "Freight Dog's_The Scenery", is to disable Holger's Glacier Bay.

Thanks though for hanging in there with me.

Hi there,

actually, it's Freight Dogs that is conflicting with my freeware Glacier Bay, not the other way around: I was there first!!! :? :wink:

Anyway, it appears that my patch was only half of the "ticket" required to make Glacier Bay compatible with Freight Dogs. Sorry about that. I'll fix the other file today and upload a new version of the patch.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Francois,

how philosopical! 8) :lol:

I was, of course, joking. After all, I originally made the landscape files of both Glacier Bay and Freight Dogs. It's just that yours truly went on vacation before the final version of Freight Dogs was ready for checking into compatibility issues.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

I see the newest "fix" is out. Thanks for doing that. You had to whittle on both ends of the same stick to do it. Much appreciated.

If you'd like to clean up your forum you could delete this whole thread if you like. I originally started my post in the "Freight Dogs and Glacier Bay Compatability Issue" thread (to stay on topic), but inadvertently hit a wrong button. I ended up with my own "unintentional" thread.

Thanks again for working with us through the "issues".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.