The simFlight Network Forums

New Alps Mesh and FSGenesis

You got Innsbruck, Holger? Hmmm - might just save me buying German Airports 1!!!

:lol:

I have flown that airport "in-sim" so many times, that I now recognise it on sight whenever I do my real-world Rome-Munich trip.

Not that it's difficult to miss the last east west airport in the mountains heading north :roll: (but the real world Innsbruck looks so real!)( :? )

First I would personnally like to thank Holger for his contributions to the FS community. Is FSGenesis compatible with this mess? Also I would like to know if Holgers' Innsbruk scenery will work with the new mess. Thank You, Dennis

I don't know if it is a 'mess', it sure looks like a great mesh though !!! 8) :wink:

Hi Dennis,

sorry, I somehow overlooked your post.

Thank you very much for the kind words; I'll forward your kudos to Jonathan as well.

Yes, the FSGenesis mesh files are compatible with our files because they are compiled at a lower resolution (LOD), which means our files will automatically override the FSGenesis files across their coverage area (more details are in the read-me files of our mesh).

I actually haven't had a chance to test my small Innsbruck add-on with the new mesh because I'm currently helping Allen Kriesman testing his upcoming Ultimate Terrain Europe product. However, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. If anyone discovers any incompatibilities between the new Alps mesh and innsbruck_g2k4.zip please do let me know.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.