The simFlight Network Forums

Something more to test, 727-100 and 737-900

Burkhard

What about the new 727-100  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear Beta testers and others,

as I already indicated, I currently working on new model technologies with still increased performance, based on explicit mip mapping, as a follow up of the january performance discussions.

An example of a complete model can be found under

http://www.fsrail.com/B727_1MY.zip

If you are interested, please delete the B727_1MY directory and replace by the one in the archive. Do you find any particular problems with the model?

I will continue to upload other models once they are updated to the new technology, which means in many cases complete repaints.

Of course, if you never come into areas or times were 727-100s are common, just ignore this one.

Due to the overwhelming response in this topic, a bit more for you to keep you busy - here comes the new B737-900 - a shout of this was published a few minutes ago.

http://www.fsrail.com/B739_MY.zip

In the model directory, you find three different models:

B739.mdl

B739x.mdl

B739f.mdl

You can switch between these models by just editing model.cfg.

The differences.

B739x uses the smaller textures and harder LOD bounds.

B739f has active flaps and spoilers.

Relative system load should be:

B739:B739x:B739f=100:75:110

I will upload MyType and MyPlane files for importing them into the editor next week to make usage as AI simple.

All the model support reflections and night illumination. Reflection in the textures is not used, but if you want to experiment can be added in the Alpha channel of the _t texture.