The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Problem.

Mr,Dowson,

I am a registered user of FSUIPC for many years.

I often get the message:

FSUIPC Problem!

There are doplicate copies of FSUIPC installed.

Remove older copies etc.

After removing some FSUIPC items, and leave the FSUIPC.dll

it is oke again.

But whitout installing anything after a while I get the above message again?

How to solve this problem?

Regards,

Siep Vis

I often get the message:

FSUIPC Problem!

There are doplicate copies of FSUIPC installed.

When you say "often", can we get that more specific? Isn't it only when reloading FS after you have closed it sometime before, in the same Windows session?

After removing some FSUIPC items, and leave the FSUIPC.dll

it is oke again.

There are no items relevant to FSUIPC loading other than the FSUIPC.DLL file. The other changes you make cannot be at all significant.

The message only arises, on loading FS, if there is already a copy of FSUIPC running in the system. This can occur for one of three reasons:

1. There are actually multiple copies of the FSUIPC.DLL in the FS modules folder. This can only happen if you ever rename the module. NEVER rename the module.

2. If a copy of FSUIPC.DLL, renamed or not, is placed in the main FS folder as well as or instead of the FS Modules folder.

3. Finally, and the most likely, if the previous session of FS is not actually fully terminated. It may look as if it has closed down -- no window, for instance. But check the Windows process list (Ctrl-alt-del, Process list), and see the FS9.EXE process listed.

The last can happen when one or other add-in program you have installed (module or gauge) has failed to terminate when FS terminates. This leaves the whole process still running, in the background, on your PC, including FSUIPC.DLL. As an example, one earlier version of ActiveCamera for FS2004 did this -- it never terminated correctly, leaving an invisible copy of FS9 actually running all the time.

If this is the case you can recover by closing the FS9.EXE process in the Task Manager's process list, but you'd best be trying to determine what add-in component is causing the problem.

Regards

Pete

Mr Dowson,

Thanks for your reply.

It is like you said:

Isn't it only when reloading FS after you have closed it sometime before, in the same Windows session?

So,I pay attention to this and find out what add-on program is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Siep Vis