The simFlight Network Forums

Still possible to upgrade CD MT2004?

wad53

Sorry to ask a basic question but after searching this forum, I am quite confused. I have the CD version of MyTraffic 2004 supplied by Aerosoft, and would like to know if it still possible to upgrade to MyTraffic 2004 2.1 (or equivalent).

I found the link to the SimMarket upgrade which says "A downloadable Upgrade to Version 2.1 for owners of boxed versions of Mytraffic2004 V3.1 is now available here". At the purchase point it states that this upgrade will only work for MT2004 ver 3.2. My problem is that I dont know what version I have, although the installed documentation says ver 1.0. I assume I have the first version of MyTraffic 2004 supplied by Aerosoft, but I cannot see any way to upgrade this to Ver 3.2. Very confusing.

So, can I upgrade my existing MT2004 to Ver 2.1 by purchasing the SimMarket upgrade?

Warren

One of the bad things with the web is that removing old information is merely impossible. Indeed there was an incremental update possible from the 3.1 Aerosoft version (identical to MT2004 version 2.0 ) to the MT2004 version 2.1.

This was created only because the offering of Aerosoft to exchange the CDs was too expensive for North American costumors for shipping costs over the Atlantic twice.

Now Aerosoft is offering an update to the actual MT2006 Version 4.0 as CD exchange, also from their new North American site, so there is no need for this special service any longer.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I live in Australia and the CD exchange option is even more expensive and impractical. Since the SimMarket download upgrade seems to be available, I would still like to take that option. But I stll dont know if it will work with my installation. Are you saying that the original MT2004 CD from Aerosoft was Ver 3.1 and if so I can use the upgrade purchase????

Warren

The only versions of MyTraffic on sale I'm aware of are MT2006 and the military Ai package, all others have been removed from sales months ago. That doesn't mean they are to be found somewhere, I would be interested to know where though. I found the Naval AI that got removed too at Simmarket, but not the boxed version update. :roll:

MT2006 contains so much changed stuff compared to MT2004 that it isn't available as incremental update, but as full download only. This is full prized for costumors of no earlier versions, half prized for MT2004 customors and quarter prized for costumors of Naval or Military AI.

If this doesn't help, please contact me using a PM to solve out this special situation - a CD delivered to Australia never showed up in my records, must have taken a long way...

In addition, here the reference charts of version#s used by Aerosoft (without ever asking me..)

Simmarket Aerosoft

MT2004V1.0 3.1

V2.0 3.2

V2.1 3.3

MT2006V4.0 4.0

So all the incremental 3.2 to 2.1 update would bring is to qualify for the half price MT2006 update - but as I said it isn't on any site I know off - that doesn't mean it isn't on hundreds of pages I do not know off....

Thanks again,

"I would be interested to know where though. I found the Naval AI that got removed too at Simmarket, but not the boxed version update".

The link to the SimMarket upgrade can be found as follows: On the left hand side of the MyTraffic 2006 website is a list of links, and under "outdated versions" is "MyTraffic 2004", click this link and you go to the page for MyTraffic 2004 and at the top, highlighted in yellow, is the line "A downloadable Upgrade to Version 2.1 for owners of boxed versions of Mytraffic2004 V3.1 is now available here!". If you click the link "here", you go to the FSSimMarket which seems to clearly enable the download purchase of the upgrade.

"a CD delivered to Australia never showed up in my records, must have taken a long way..." This product has been readily available over recent years through retail stores in Australia.

I thought this would be a fairly simple question, but I guess it seems that an upgrade from my CD to FS2004 Ver 2.1 is no longer possible.

Warren