The simFlight Network Forums

Offset needed to find out whether the IAS or MCH is displaye

Guest Nicolas Nickisch

Guest Nicolas Nickisch

Hi,

I am looking for an offset which setting for the AP Speedhold mod is displayed - IAS or MCH.

I can read out both values without any problems.

As a workaround I ask FS2002 for the active Speedmode - but what to do if the SpedHold mode is temporarily deactivated.

Nicolas Nickisch

Guest Nicolas Nickisch

Hi,

I am looking for an offset which setting for the AP Speedhold mod is displayed - IAS or MCH.

I can read out both values without any problems.

As a workaround I ask FS2002 for the active Speedmode - but what to do if the SpedHold mode is temporarily deactivated.

Nicolas Nickisch

Perhaps a clue in the panel.sdk? I would think of that more as a panel function with conversion of raw data into either displayed value, something not handled by FS itself. But then, I'm not a panel/FS hacker.

I do not know if there is a button assignment in the tables for that MACH/KNOTS function but if there is such a table entry then perhaps the state can be read.

I just spent a little time looking through the stuff I've got on Autopilot values. Although the autopilot obviously keeps track of whether IAS or Mach is selected for Speed mode when the Auto Throttle is engaged, I don't think it knows or cares what the A/P gauge itself is displaying.

It looks very much like the selection of IAS or Mach for display is purely a local thing to the Gauge code. FSUIPC cannot get local gauge data.

Regards,

Pete