The simFlight Network Forums

Error when loading FS

I get the error that I have seen on the boards before but don't know how to fix it. This just starting happeningHere is the log file ...

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.53 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004(original release)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

1343 System time = 13:56:22

1343 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

1343 System time = 13:56:22, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

1406 Client Application: "fs9" (Id=2496)

1406 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

1406 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight"

1406 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

2984 C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\beach_halfmoonbay.flt

3000 AIRCRAFT\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.air

3218 Aircraft="Beech Baron 58"

5375 Illegal read attempt: offset 0238, size 3 [P2496]

5375Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

6484 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

7359 ### IPC Message processed in 1984mSecs ###

10734 C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

10922 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

46922 Traffic File #14 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic030528"

104422 C:\Documents and Settings\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

104672 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

113062 System time = 13:58:14, FS2004 time = 13:56:25 (21:56Z)

113062 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 926 Allocs, 1622 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

I have changed the default aircraft and also flight but am still getting the error.

I get the error that I have seen on the boards before but don't know how to fix it. This just starting happeningHere is the log file ...

1406 Client Application: "fs9" (Id=2496)

1406 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe

1406 Product="Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight"

1406 Company="Microsoft Corporation"

5375 Illegal read attempt: offset 0238, size 3 [P2496]

5375Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

Something (a Gauge or add-in DLL) is using FSUIPC incorrectly (it is actually programmed like an external application, which will cause problems when used inside FS), and your FSUIPC is not user registered.

Unfortunately, because it is accessing FSUIPC as if it is a separate process, to FSUIPC it looks like FS9 itself (as that is its process). This makes it impossible for anyone to deduce what GAU or DLL file it is from the Log.

The only way you can find it is backtrack on what you've installed recently until you locate what it is causing the problem. When you find it I suggest you remove it and don't use it again.

The fact that it happens within the first couple of seconds, possibly even before the default aircraft stuff has been loaded, suggests that it is a DLL. Check your FS Modules folder for recently added non-FS DLLs.

I have changed the default aircraft and also flight but am still getting the error.

That tends to reinforce my deduction that it is a DLL.

Regards,

Pete

Pete you are correctGFMcp2k4.dll is the dll that is doing it. But I need to run it for my goflight modules don't I??

That's the GoFlight module for the GF MCP. I'm pretty sure that none of the GF modules use FSUIPC, so that's strange. Maybe it's a later one, possibly to support the new 737-type MCP which GF have released?

If GF have added FSUIPC access they certainly haven't asked for any access keys, and, in fact, an access key cannot work for a DLL using the external program entry methods.

Please report this to GF support. If you have the older MCP (the double height one) then you should be okay with the older DLL. If you cannot find it I may be able to find one here.

Regards,

Pete

Hi PeteI renamed that dll and do not have any problems now. I do not have that module and the new build of go flights software installed the dll in the modules folder. I have sent an email to their tech support concerning it and hope that I will get a response. However, their tech support has been a little lacking lately. If I don't here from them soon I'll try and call them and let them know.

Thanks again Pete,

John