The simFlight Network Forums

error when importing Airports.txt

sd1824

Just did a dump of all airports via FS9 into Airports.txt

When I try to import that into MyTraffic2006 I get an error. Any clues as to why?

Visual Fortran run-time error

forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit -5, file Internal Formatted Read

MyTraffic2006.exe 004592D9 Unknown Unknown Unknown

USER32.dll 77D48734 Unknown Unknown Unknown

kernel32.dll 7C816D4F Unknown Unknown Unknown

Thanks, it arrived and I found an advice.

What is of general interest is the following:

The "Dump airport" creates an error log. This is a very basic testing of the AFCAD2 files. If it is "Has no runway" this can imply a heliport and can be ignored for these, but all other messages should be considered. The "fault finder" in AFCAD2 should have identified all of them, and most likely much more. So if you have a source of files that gives already errors with the dump airport ( others but the heliport ), you can be sure that you have a source of zero quality, these files cannot work and only will cost performance, stability etc whatsover, so you should avoid those software sources.