The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Colombia River Gorge

Hi,

I'm new to these boards and first of all I would like to say how much I like the sceneries you make Holger. Thank you so much for sharing them with the community.

I do have one small problem with the Colombia Gorge scenery though.

Whenever I fly in this add-on scenery everything is fine just not for Portland Troutdale airport.

I get a lot of autogen like trees en houses on the taxiways and parkingspaces. There is propably something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure out what. I allready dissabled another tarrain mesh and landclass I use for the whole of the US although they were placed way below the priority list in fs2004. There are no other add-ons covering that area and I allready installed the update too.

Could someone please help me to sort this out because I love flying this region.

Thanks in advance,

E. Kuiper

the Netherlands

Could you post a screenshot of that? Although I don't fly into Troutdale, I think I flew over it a couple times and didn't see anything like you mentioned. I may have to go and take a closer look. If I remember right, by default, there was a couple of bushes at KDEN on one of the taxiways.

Hi there,

first off, thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

That's odd about Troutdale because the update - crg_upd1.zip - specifically addressed the autogen encroachment at Troutdale due to an overzealous exclude in the original CRG upload.

Maybe the update didn't install properly? Can you check the date stamps of these two files in "\US Columbia River Gorge landclass\scenery":

2_excl_CRG_Bonneville_roads.bgl -> 3/30/2005

2_excl_CRG_Bonneville_water.bgl -> 3/19/2005

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

first off, thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!

That's odd about Troutdale because the update - crg_upd1.zip - specifically addressed the autogen encroachment at Troutdale due to an overzealous exclude in the original CRG upload.

Maybe the update didn't install properly? Can you check the date stamps of these two files in "\US Columbia River Gorge landclass\scenery":

2_excl_CRG_Bonneville_roads.bgl -> 3/30/2005

2_excl_CRG_Bonneville_water.bgl -> 3/19/2005

Cheers, Holger

Thank you so much Holger !!

I must have done something wrong when installing the update because I did compare the file dates and I was still using the old ones. After I re-installed the update all is in perfect order !!

I propably know where things went wrong because after I install a scenery I make a zipfile of the complete scenery with all it's components and I must have done that before the update. After my complete reinstall of my pc couple weeks ago I also used my own zipfile for this scenery hence the lack of the updated files.

Again thanks Holger, because of this simple solution (which was needed because of my own fault) I can now enjoy this wonderfull scenery in it's full glory again.

Back to the cockpit now, my chopper is waiting at Troutdale :D

Cheers,

Elko Kuiper

the Netherlands

• 11 months later...

Hi there,

looks like the shoreline excludes aren't working as intended. I suspect that you've got the two Columbia River Gorge entries reversed. Make sure that "US Columbia River Gorge landclass" has a higher priority than "US Columbia River Gorge scenery". If you look at the FS scenery library menu the landclass entry needs to sit above the scenery entry.

Cheers, Holger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.