The simFlight Network Forums

Why Military AI wants to park in Civl AI parking spots!

Julieber

I notice that when I updated to allow Milteary AI from my Traffic 2004 it wants to take up all my AI Parking Sports! I even went in to AFCAD editor and told onlyCivl Parking to be allowed in my Civl Parking and told Military to park in its own spots! Yet Military wants to park in my Civl parking Spots? Why is this happing and what can I do to stop this from happing!

Julie

Ups, that post is not understandable?

Which version of MyTraffic do you refer to? There were 3 versions of MT2004. Which airport do you refer to? What addons do you have installed for that airport. What type of aircrafts is parked at which gates? Are the military parkings full and an excess of military swaps over, or? Please, some more info, unfortunately we cannot log into your computer to see what is going on there.

I have my Traffic 2004 verson 2.1. when I went to the KSUX Sioux City Gateway Airport I have military Aircarft all over the civl Gates. I have my AFCAD SET UP FOR ONLY CIVL AIRCARFT IN THE CIVL GATES.

As for the military packages they are the default ones from my Traffice2004.

Julie.

Hi Julie,

Please check that your scenery library is configured such that the AFCAD you intend to use is actually being used. The recommended configuration is that you put the MyWorld Airports layer directly below the Addon Scenery layer and then put any custom AFCAD files either in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder or in the scenery folder of the respective add-on scenery (provided that the scenery in question is active in the scenery library and its layer is above the addon scenery layer).

I attach how MyTraffic separates the civil and the military traffic, all the civil is in front and the military are on ramp positions in the back, is there anything wrong with that position, or do you see a different thing due to your own airport version?

If you start with your own version, please consider the following:

You cannot configure a gate to be used civil only in FS9, nor military only. FS9 assigns parking positions to the aircrafts on a rather complex algorithm, based on a weighting procedure simplified by the following:

a) Airline code. Airlines matching the code get enhanced, not matching strongly suppressed.

b) Radius of the parking. Aircrafts prefer a parking identical in radius or only slightly bigger than them.

c) Parking type. MIL_CARGO versus GATE in this case.

d) Distance from runway.

To handle this correctly on an airport that is more than 50% filled is rather tricky. Since due to the US habits of never parking a Delta at an American gate, but let the passenger wait for hours before they can leave the plane, the airline code gets the biggest weight, you have to be most careful with this.

The only "airline" local to KSUX is USAF 174th ARS with its KC135 tankers. These use "USAF" as airline codes, so you can assign USAF to 3 or 4 MIL_CARGO parkings 25m to have them groped together. Since there is additional C130 traffic, and other Mil_Cargo, which partially uses Unit associations like U169 for USAF 169th AS, a C130 unit at KPIA, another 2 or 3 MIL_Cargo must be unassigned. If you assign them all to USAF, the Hercs will park at the gates.

There is a multitude of airlines flying into KSUX, so an association of the gates to the airlines makes not much sense, what you can do is to take

2x DAL USA COA AAL

2x USA COA AAL DAL

2X COA AAL DALl USA

2x AAL DAL USA COA

for gate positions of 25m gates to get the MD80s and 737s together, and keep the larger ones 2x31m, 2x38m unassigned for the various 772 operators, and ACA330.

Hope this helps to understand what options you have.

post-148-128689360153_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
I notice that when I updated to allow Milteary AI from my Traffic 2004 it wants to take up all my AI Parking Sports! I even went in to AFCAD editor and told onlyCivl Parking to be allowed in my Civl Parking and told Military to park in its own spots! Yet Military wants to park in my Civl parking Spots? Why is this happing and what can I do to stop this from happing!

Okay but i dont that will suit everyone.