The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC error = 7 with a registered copy of FSUIPC in FS2002

First I should apologise if I am posting my request on the wrong place since this is the first time that I am using a forum.

But here is my problem. I am using both FS2002 and FS2004 with Eurowings Professional Commuter Airliners. And until now there was no problem. I recently updated my FSUIPC version to 3.53. But I was not able to make the autopilot of one of Eurowings’ aircraft, the ATR42, follow a GPS route (I did not use the other aircrafts but I am sure it will be the same). And I had an error saying that I was trying to use an application with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. To solve this GPS/AP problem I decided to register to FSUIPC by paying, and got my Key by email today and followed the registration procedure as described. But now the most strange things happen. When I want to fly in FS2002 with an Eurowings aircraft I have an error message (FSUIPC error = 7), and after I passed this message and open FSUIPC in the module folder of the menu, it says that I registered for the 3.48 version !! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.53 version of FSUIPC (which is actually in FS2002 module’s folder), but still see the 3.48 in FS2002 ! And my AP does not seem to be able to talk with the FS GPS. I still did not try to register in FS2004, with the fear of having the same problem.

Would you please have an explanation for this problem ? Did I do something wrong with the registration ?

Thanks in advance

Stephane

PS: I am sure full FSUIPC is a great soft and hope to use it soon !

I am sorry. It is me again. I just tried the Airbus A319 and the AP works with the FS2002 GPS. So they communicate. The problem with the ATR42’s AP not talking to the FS GPS would be in the Eurowings soft then ? But I still have this strange thing with FSUIPC being 3.48 and not 3.53.

Thanks for your help

Stephane

And I had an error saying that I was trying to use an application with an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. To solve this GPS/AP problem I decided to register to FSUIPC by paying

I would be very surprised if any aircraft needed FSUIPC for its autopilot, and most certainly not the GPS which FSUIPC doesn't deal with at all.

When I want to fly in FS2002 with an Eurowings aircraft I have an error message (FSUIPC error = 7), and after I passed this message and open FSUIPC in the module folder of the menu, it says that I registered for the 3.48 version !!

The error message isn't from FSUIPC -- there is no such message. You really need to contact the support folks for the aircraft.

However, when you say "open FSUIPC in the module folder of the menu, it says that I registered for the 3.48 version !" do you mean that the menu says you are running 3.48? If so, then you most certainly are running 3.48.

Did you install something after installing 3.53? If so it has probably overwritten it with an older version.

Incidentally, there is no such thing as "registered for a 3.xx version". The registration covers ANY version 3.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.53 version of FSUIPC (which is actually in FS2002 module’s folder), but still see the 3.48 in FS2002 !

You are NOT installing 3.53 then. Go to the FS2002 modules folder in Windows Explorer, find the FSUIPC DLL and right-click on it. Select Properties then Version. It will tell you the version there.

And my AP does not seem to be able to talk with the FS GPS.

You need to ask support for the aircraft about that. FSUIPC will play no part in such matters in any case.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete, thanks a lot for your reply and your velocity.

About the GPS you are right. I finally managed to use the GPS with the AP. I had to hit the LOC key on the AP and not the NAV key as indicated in the documentation for the aircraft (maybe a bug for this aircraft). Sorry about that. I should have tested before.

[However, when you say "open FSUIPC in the module folder of the menu, it says that I registered for the 3.48 version !" do you mean that the menu says you are running 3.48? If so, then you most certainly are running 3.48.]

You are right the menu says I am running 3.48 version. Exactly it says: FSUIPC version 3.48 - 25th april 2005 - This is a Registered copy ! Thank you. But I checked in the module folder and it is the 3.53 version as you asked. I did not install anything after, and I even tried to copy the 3.53 version again in the module folder.

I maybe have done something wrong :oops: . For the error = 7 I will try with the guys in Aerosoft.

I will also try to register for FSUIPC in FS2004 and see if I have the same problem or if it restricted to FS2002.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards

Stephane

You are right the menu says I am running 3.48 version. Exactly it says: FSUIPC version 3.48 - 25th april 2005 - This is a Registered copy ! Thank you. But I checked in the module folder and it is the 3.53 version as you asked.

That cannot be. You are looking in the wrong place. Do a search on your PC for all FSUIPC.DLLs. You are getting something very very confused. It is absolutely not possible for version 3.53 to display "3.48". There is no such text in it.

The last time anything like this happened the guy was checking an installation of FS on a different drive or folder to the one he was actually using!

Regards

Pete

Ok I get it. Thanks again because you made me look with the search tool of Windows, and I found another copy of FSUIPC.dll (v 3.48) in the main FS2002 folder, and this one was taken into account and not the one in the MODULES folder (v 3.53).

I am sorry for this, and I probably copied this file by mistake.

Now everything should be OK.

Thanks again and sorry for my lack of competence with these computers.

You've been of good and quick help.

Best regards

Stephane

• 5 years later...

I've got a problem with FSUIPC that appeared after I installed the PMDG aircraft when I went to connect in kacars would not connect because it was one error in FSUIPC.I uninstalled FSUIPC it and installed a newer version I think foia newest pro flight simulator later in the installation of FSUIPC comes another error (Problem! the signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL) (error ref 80092026. Please help me thank you.

I've got a problem with FSUIPC that appeared after I installed the PMDG aircraft when I went to connect in kacars would not connect because it was one error in FSUIPC.I uninstalled FSUIPC it and installed a newer version I think foia newest pro flight simulator later in the installation of FSUIPC comes another error (Problem! the signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL) (error ref 80092026. Please help me thank you.

The title of the thread, which seems to date back to 2006, is

FSUIPC error = 7 with a registered copy of FSUIPC in FS2002

How does FS2002 and that error number relate to whatever it is your talking about? Why have you appended your query to a 5 year old thread? Is is relevant?

Without any useful information, like the actual version number of FSUIPC, the version of FS, and ideally the Install log, I can't really help, but I can point out that if a signature fails you either have a corrupt copy of FSUIPC or a corrupted installation of Windows -- one with the needed services not running.

I strongly suggest you post in a new thread with a more appropriate title, and include some information. Then I may be able to help. However, first of all check that you are in fact trying to install a supported version of FSUIPC -- certainly no earlier than 3.99 for FS2002 or FS2004, or 4.70 for FSX and later.

Regards

Pete