The simFlight Network Forums
sd1824

problems with country data

Hi Burk... I noticed that the 2-digit country codes are the same for some countries. For example, Bermuda=VP and Cayman=VP (and I think a few other countries are using the VP code as well)

I setup a new airline with a country of VP and a hub airport based out of Cayman (MWCR). After an auto-gen, the flights that are created are based out of an airport in Bermuda (TXKF).

Can you shed some light here? I did notice that the imported airport for MWCR has a country code of VR, probably because FS9 is using some fairly old data and the true code for Cayman Islands is now VP. Still, I am trying to figure out the logic on how the MyTraffic engine is selecting TXKF for the hub instead of MWCR.

Yes, these countries have been using the same first digits at least still in 2005. Most aircrafts registered there are to be found outside of these most of the time, since they are registered there for tax reasons.

Since VR is not used inside MyTraffic, you can edit the airline and the airport in the editor to change VP against VR. If it had a hub selected and only operated from another airport, it is very likely the hub cannot support the aircrafts for technical reasons, like correct parkings, radius, runway length etc.