The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 2006: Canadian Armed Forces Military Traffic

moosenee

I live in Canada and I am surprised that "My Traffic 2006" has only included one aircraft (A310-300M A313M-CAF1) in the CAF!

The Canadian Military flys a wide variety of airplanes and helicopters that are missing from our many military Air bases across the country.

I strongly hope there are plans for a CAF update to fix this shortcomming?

I was under the assumption the CAF was more or less dismantelled some years ago, but maybe things changed. Even the F18s were under discussion, since geography shows that only one other country has any chance to attack Canada over a common border, and this will do if it wants independant of CAF.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CAF C-130's are flying Canadian troops around Afghanistan at this very moment, plus transport flights all across Canada.

For more info on CAF Aircraft go to : http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/today5_e.asp (as "asterbenz" suggested) then pic "Aircraft" from the menu, then pic an aircraft for detailed info.

I think this is the best source of accurate information on CAF aircraft.