The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS Help needed!

I have networked two pc's to use WideFS. I have gone through the set up procedure and according to my logs on both server and client PC they are communicating, but simply cannot find the session no matter what IP I put in!

Please help and thanks in advance,

Graham

I have networked two pc's to use WideFS. I have gone through the set up procedure and according to my logs on both server and client PC they are communicating, but simply cannot find the session no matter what IP I put in!

What's a "Session" in this context? I don't understand. There are no "sessions" in WideFS. Are you getting it mixed up with FS's multiplayer facilities, by any chance?

BTW in WideFS you only need the ServerName in the Client ini. It is easier than trying IP addresses.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have a server name set in my wideclient.ini file, but when I start Squawkbox it asks for player name and then IP or name of session that was set up on main PC (the one running FS).

This is what I can't locate and means that the multiplayer facility is not available.

Many thanks,

I have a server name set in my wideclient.ini file, but when I start Squawkbox it asks for player name and then IP or name of session that was set up on main PC (the one running FS).

This is what I can't locate and means that the multiplayer facility is not available.

Ah, sorry, that's nothing to do with WideFS. I don't know anything about Multiplayer I'm afraid. I think you need to sort all that out in the FS multiplayer dialogues. Perhaps there are other Squawkbox users here who can help, otherwise maybe their Forum?

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for everyone's help. I managed to solve the problem by installing DirectX 9.0a and also new drivers for both my video cards.

Well it's working perfect now so I am guessing that has helped solve the problem:)

Graham