The simFlight Network Forums

Thrust Reverser Problems

I just got a new computer. I had to reinstall my FSUIPC and tried to set my thrust reversers. I made a mistake and tried to correct the problem. Now my throttle position won't even register and when I set the 'set' buttons, they both set to zero. How do I get FSUIPC to give me another try at setting my reversers?

I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder Pro stick for my hardware. I have FS2004, a 3.2 Ghz machine with XP Pro SP2 BFG6800oc video card and 1 GB Ram.

I just got a new computer. I had to reinstall my FSUIPC and tried to set my thrust reversers. I made a mistake and tried to correct the problem. Now my throttle position won't even register and when I set the 'set' buttons, they both set to zero. How do I get FSUIPC to give me another try at setting my reversers?

I am using a Microsoft Sidewinder Pro stick for my hardware. I have FS2004, a 3.2 Ghz machine with XP Pro SP2 BFG6800oc video card and 1 GB Ram.

There is much confusion in your question. What are your "thrust reversers" and how are they related to your throttle? Are you talking about several different throttles and several separate levers for reverse, or buttons for reverse, or what?

Get your throttles working properly in FS first, without FSUIPC.

And what do you mean by "get FSUIPC to give you another try". FSUIPC never stops anyone doing anything. If your joystick axes are not being seen in FSUIPC then they are either not assigned correctly in FS or they are but have sensitivity (in FS) set to zero. Make sure all your axes work in FS, make sure sensitivities are at maximum in FS and null zones are at minimum.

If you have got into a mess with settings in FSUIPC simply delete the FSUIPC.INI file and it will make a new one with none of your settings still there.

Regards,

Pete

There is a setting that allows you to set the throttle at a point where when you bring it back, it will operate the thrust reversers. I set this up the last time I installed FSUIPC and it worked fine.

Now, I made a mistake in setting it up. When I first started the throttle settings moved when I moved the throttle...now that I try to set it up again they remain stationary and the set buttons for idle and reverser both go to '0'

Like I said, it worked for me the last time I set up FSUIPC. I also noticed that time that if I wanted to reset the throttle position for reverser it would not allow me to that time either.

There is a setting that allows you to set the throttle at a point where when you bring it back, it will operate the thrust reversers. I set this up the last time I installed FSUIPC and it worked fine.

Er, let's get more specific please. You have a single throttle and you want a reverse zone on it, with a "centre" idle zone?

First get your throttle working normally in FS, ignoring FSUIPC altogether. Until you do that there's no point. THEN follow the instructions in the FSUIPC user guide to convert it to a lever with reverse zone. This entails not calibrating it in the single throttle section, but Mapping it to 4 separate throttles, then calibrating in the 4 throttles section.

Now, I made a mistake in setting it up. When I first started the throttle settings moved when I moved the throttle...now that I try to set it up again they remain stationary and the set buttons for idle and reverser both go to '0'

Sorry, I've no idea what this paragraph means. Values below the three separate "Set" buttons don't change unless you press the buttons.

Like I said, it worked for me the last time I set up FSUIPC. I also noticed that time that if I wanted to reset the throttle position for reverser it would not allow me to that time either.

There's no "allow" or "disallow". I'm sorry, but I really cannot picture what you are doing, nor where. Get the thottle working correctly in FS first. Then come back after revising the documentation. If you've made some mess with assignments and calibrations in FSUIPC, just delete the FSUIPC.INI file and start again.

Pete

Er, let's get more specific please. You have a single throttle and you want a reverse zone on it, with a "centre" idle zone?

First get your throttle working normally in FS, ignoring FSUIPC altogether. Until you do that there's no point. THEN follow the instructions in the FSUIPC user guide to convert it to a lever with reverse zone. This entails not calibrating it in the single throttle section, but Mapping it to 4 separate throttles, then calibrating in the 4 throttles section.

My throttle works fine in FS. That is not the problem.

Sorry, I've no idea what this paragraph means. Values below the three separate "Set" buttons don't change unless you press the buttons.

The value window that displays the throttle position changed when I first opened and tried to set the thrust reverser value, when I made the mistake and tried to redo it, those values now remain fixed. When I press the set buttons I get zeros and nothing else.

There's no "allow" or "disallow". I'm sorry, but I really cannot picture what you are doing, nor where. Get the thottle working correctly in FS first. Then come back after revising the documentation. If you've made some mess with assignments and calibrations in FSUIPC, just delete the FSUIPC.INI file and start again.

Pete

That was basically what I was looking for, I did not know how to start it over from scratch. One problem, I do not see an FSUIPC.INI file in the modules directory, where do I find it?

Thanks.

Hi,

I had the same thing where they (my pots) would show 0 in the joystick section when setting. Sometimes they would go from lets say 0 or about

-16300 right to +16,300. If you looked at the quad window in the game, one would see the controls jump right to full, with no middle ground. I rebooted everything, and recalib. then they seemed to be OK.

On the Rev thing, is it that you have one or 2 throttles, and you want an idle zone and then if you move them all the way back a tad, they will go into Rev. if thats what you want, then make sure your throttles are showing the full range of numbers then move them all the way back and hit the Rev set, then move forward and hit top idle then move a hair more forward and hit 2nd idle set, then move them all the way forward and hit the full range set. If you then move your throttles into this idle zone, thats what it will be, and just pull them all the way now back, and you should get Rev.

Randy