The simFlight Network Forums

Strange problem in BARO with Project Magenta

Hi to all:

I had post a post in PM forum about this situation...

Here is the post:

I use PM A320,and i would to know if someone have a problem,when reached a Flight level...the problem is:

-When the Aircraft reach the FL the V/S start to climb +300/400 fts and descent -300/400 fts consecutivellly,all the flight!Once start he just stop this process when we start our descent and reach FL between 240 and 270.

I fly all most the time online with IVAP(program interface from IVAO),and I had conclud,for now,when I fly without IVAP,I don't have this problem...the aircraft stay steady in the FL when reached.

This could be a problem between IVAP and PM?

Some incompatibility?

Enrico say:

As I use IVAP sinc it is released, here is some help : there

is no interaction of IVAP with FS autopilot features. The only

thing we can think about is some major and numerous Baro

pressure changes that can annoy the FCU to keep the cruis FL.

And this I think can be compensated via FSUIPC settings, right?

Can anyone tell the way to set FSUIPC for this not happen?

Thanks

The only thing we can think about is some major and numerous Baro pressure changes that can annoy the FCU to keep the cruis FL.

And this I think can be compensated via FSUIPC settings, right?

Can anyone tell the way to set FSUIPC for this not happen?

Have you checked the documentation? Look at the Technical options -- there's a facility to smooth pressure changes when they are sourced from an external program. If the IVAP software is injecting the weather via FSUIPC, that should work.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete:

No... don't work...I had set these option and I continue with the same problem!I had make a few tests and this happens in a higher FL's like 350/370/390!

This only happens with IVAP...iif you turn off IVAP and call the weather trought FS,via net,everything work fine!

Strange no?

No... don't work...I had set these option and I continue with the same problem!I had make a few tests and this happens in a higher FL's like 350/370/390!

If it isn't pressure changes, it's something else. Sorry, you may need IVAP support to help.

This only happens with IVAP...iif you turn off IVAP and call the weather trought FS,via net,everything work fine!

Strange no?

No, not necessarily. How often are you downloading weather in FS? How often is IVAP changing it? Check using FSUIPC's weather logging. the tools for investigation are at your disposal.

Regards,

Pete

A IVAP support??I don't know if they resolve the problem,because you can fly all the aircrafts in FS,and you don't have this problem,with IVAP,but if you fly with PM,the problem appears...

The Problem is from PM or FSUIPC or IVAP???Who's Know??

If you have PM,please try and you see what I say!

I can not find where is the problem!

... you don't have this problem,with IVAP,but if you fly with PM,the problem appears...

Hmmmnot sure why, unless you have some parameters for the aircraft which make PM more sensitive to pressure changes (though you say you eliminated those by using pressure smoothing?).

If you have PM,please try and you see what I say!

I always fly with PM, with weather from ActiveSky and ATC from Radar Contact. I don't fly on-line. I don't have the problems you mention.

I can not find where is the problem!

Well, have you tried to look? Do you know if it is pressure changes? FSUIPC provides logging facilities. You can enable the weather logging and when the phenomenon occurs, look at the results. If no one else has these problems I'm afraid you have to try to help yourself first.

Regards,

Pete

I always fly with PM, with weather from ActiveSky and ATC from Radar Contact. I don't fly on-line. I don't have the problems you mention.

Yes me too...When I fly Offline everything work fine...no problems

Hmmmnot sure why, unless you have some parameters for the aircraft which make PM more sensitive to pressure changes (though you say you eliminated those by using pressure smoothing?).

Yes I had try with this option checkek in FSUIPC,and the problem remains!

Well, have you tried to look? Do you know if it is pressure changes? FSUIPC provides logging facilities. You can enable the weather logging and when the phenomenon occurs, look at the results. If no one else has these problems I'm afraid you have to try to help yourself first.

Not yet...I will go enable weather logging to see what happen!

Maybe the major part off people don't fly with PM online and with IVAP...I had say to Enrico try,but...I don't know if he had try!!

Hi Pete:

After a few tests in VATSIM a had concluded the problem it was with IVAP.

VATSIM with your FSINN work very well and I don't Have problems with pressure.

In this moment I already had post the problem to the IVAP programmers and I had a reply to this problem...In fact they assume,IVAP have a few problems with Wheather,and they want to know a few more thinks for help in this problem.

Thanks

VATSIM with your FSINN

Not my FSINN! I don't have one. ;-)

In fact they assume,IVAP have a few problems with Wheather,and they want to know a few more thinks for help in this problem.

Okay. They know they can contact me if they need advice in that area.

Regards,

Pete