The simFlight Network Forums

interesting problem

the problem that im having is that widefs will not load at the sam time that thr flight sim is running , let me back up though, i have a seven monitor set up with four computers, five of the monitors are set up with views and im using three computers for that, all is set up with wideview, what is happening is that im wanting to run radar contact , on one of the computers that im running a view thru wideview, it will work fine as long as i dont try ro run both programs.

i can run radar contac thru widefs, but not at the same time that im running a view through wideview i will get and error saying the flight sim is already running when it really is not, or i can run the flight sim and start radar contact but when i try to load widefs and error will come saying a program that is the same is already running and will not start.

i cannot run all three at the same time, from what i see you cannot run widefs and weidview at the same time on one com , or is there some configuring i need to do.

all products are up to date and registered.

Thanks....Robert

the problem that im having is that widefs will not load at the sam time that thr flight sim is running , let me back up though, i have a seven monitor set up with four computers, five of the monitors are set up with views and im using three computers for that, all is set up with wideview, what is happening is that im wanting to run radar contact , on one of the computers that im running a view thru wideview, it will work fine as long as i dont try ro run both programs.

Sorry, there is no way possible to use a single PC to run both FS and WideClient as a standard FSUIPC interface at the same time.

You can make WideClient run by changing the Classname (see that parameter in the INI description in the documentation). But this won't support programs written to interface to FSUIPC unless they also allow the classname to be changed.

You see, the FSUIPC interface is one connected to automatically by the application programs, knowing the name of the Window class ("FS98MAIN") to which they should attach, and that name is already used by FS when it is running. In fact that is the whole point. You presumably have FSUIPC running in FS, so if there are effectively two copies, how does Radar Contact know which to join?

from what i see you cannot run widefs and weidview at the same time on one com

Yes, that it true. WideClient "pretends" to be FS so that application programs which link to FS (through FSUIPC) are fooled into linking to it. That's the way it works. that's its entire purpose. It enables FSUIPC applications to be run on PCs not running FS.

Regards,

Pete