The simFlight Network Forums

Is FSUIPC 3.53 Causing F10 access to freeze and crash FS9?

I was happily using an older verion of FSUIPC and downloaded the new version. It is registeredt and paid.

When I hit F10 to check a list or see a dialogue record etc...the system fades to black and crashes, eventually showing the "...FS9 has experienced a problem and needs to close...etc" error. This did not happen before I loaded the new FSUIPC, but am not sure it is to blame either. Any ideas on how to repair this issue?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I was happily using an older verion of FSUIPC and downloaded the new version. It is registeredt and paid.

Actually the current version, the one supported, is 3.60, though there's also now3 a 3.601 available above with a small fix.

When I hit F10 to check a list or see a dialogue record etc...the system fades to black and crashes, eventually showing the "...FS9 has experienced a problem and needs to close...etc" error. This did not happen before I loaded the new FSUIPC, but am not sure it is to blame either. Any ideas on how to repair this issue?

Not really. FSUIPC doesn't use any keypresses at all unless you program them, either in the Hot Key or Keys sections. Maybe something else is trapping that key?

The sort of crash you are seeing is generally related to video drivers and their settings. If you are using full screen, try Windowed mode, or vice versa, to see if it make a difference. ALT + ENTER toggles these modes. You may also find that changing the "render to texture" FS hardware display option may help, or small adjustments to the anti-aliassing and other settings in your video driver.

Finally, you don't say, but if you have not updated your FS installation to FS9.1 do that -- there were many crashes of this type in the early version.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks so much Pete. I have been using FSUIPC since it began and it is a great add-in for FS. I hope you have gotten rich on it! :roll:

Unfortunately, this F10 crash issue won't go away. I have tried tweaking the display options as suggested and even checking with ATI to make sure I was using the correct driver. Tried even re-installing FS9. All to no avail...F10 goes black and resets FS...

Very disappointing. These software packages are so susceptible to outside influence and I guess I have set the correct combination to screw up my installation. Naturally, MS is useless in customer service...

Anyways, it ain't FSUPIC! Thnaks for your ideas nonetheless. I'll wait for for FS "next" I guess. After 10 years of this, I shouldn't need a knee pad anyway right? :oops:

Unfortunately, this F10 crash issue won't go away. I have tried tweaking the display options as suggested and even checking with ATI to make sure I was using the correct driver. Tried even re-installing FS9. All to no avail...F10 goes black and resets FS...

Are you using FS9.1?

What are the "correct drivers"? Each new version corrects and improves some things and introduces new problems. It may be worth trying a different version.

Also try asking around on the FS2004 Forum. There'll likely be more experience of this there.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, I am using FS 9.1. I suspect that the last ATI Radion 9200 driver update of a few weeks ago may be the culprit. I will mine that good firm to see what they might suggest. I did roll the driver back to the last version (which was working fine), but no go.

I will also hunt around the FS9 forums. Good idea...

Paul