The simFlight Network Forums

CH Yoke and CH Flightstick mapping

Guys, i have bought a CH Flightstick to use when flying Airbus. I use the CH Yoke when flying Boeings.

My question is, i would like to set the buttons up differently on the stick than on the yoke. Will i find conflicts within FS9 by doing this or will FSUIPC see each controller as different and therefore i can use the buttons any way i wish?

For example, if button 1 on the yoke is PTT, will button 1 on the stick have to be PTT or can i change that in FSUIPC without affecting the other controller?

Sorry if that doeasnt make sense, its been a long day...............

Cheers

Doug

Caveat: I am not an expert with programming settings with FSUIPC.

My recollection is that you can set different buttons for individual aircraft, i.e. aircraft specific settings. I also believe that in the FSUIPC dialog it let's you chose the controller. So, my tentative response is yes you can configure the Yoke separately from the Flight Stick.

I used to use both but found that there was "feed back" from the flight control I was not using that caused interference with the one I was using. I understand that not all users have that.

Charles

Sorry for the delay Charles, been a tad on the busy side.

In digging around FSUIPC i discovered (according to my minma intelligence anyways!) that i could only assign keystrokes to 'joystick 1' whether that be my yoke or flightstick. The logging page didnt help me.

As long as i made each parallel button on the yoke and the stick execute the same command in FS9 there was no problem, no conflicts. I couldnt see a way of telling FSUIPC to differentiate between the 2 sticks. No matter, im noe happy with what i have.

Cheers

Doug :wink:

Hi Doug,

did you plug in both devices or did you use only one of them at a time?

In the first case, there is no problem to assign any funktion to your buttons cause you have device joystick1 and device joystick2.

With the new Version 3.6 of FSUIPC you can assign axes AND Buttons aircraft specific, unfortunally it seems to work not quite correct in this version, FSUIPC doesn't save this settings correct in fsuipc.ini.

I'm testing at the moment different axis for the bell206, where my joystick feeds the elevator and the aileron but with a fixed wing it serves propeller and the gear lever.

On the other hand, if you use both devices at the time you can use different FS9.cfg to assign your buttons and axis in any way.

To do so, read FSUIPC for Advanced Users.doc page 38, wich explains how to use different FS9.cfg and different FSIPC.ini files. You find this document in your modules-folder.

Thankyou Roland for your input.

I dont use both at the same time. I use the stick for Airbus and the Yoke for Boeing etc. I understand about the AC specific assignments but as you said the .ini file doesnt save each controller seperately.

Is this an FS9 problem or can FSUIPC differentiate between the 2 contollers when each is used sperately? Or will it see them a simply deviced 1 etc?

Cheers

Doug

Hi,

the Problem is that FSUIPC only see Controller1 and not CH Yoke or CH Flightstick.

Also FS9 assigns all axes and buttons new by default, when you change your controller.

There is no solution to your problem, when you change your controller everytime you use a different aircraft.

With the new Version 3.6 of FSUIPC you can assign axes AND Buttons aircraft specific, unfortunally it seems to work not quite correct in this version, FSUIPC doesn't save this settings correct in fsuipc.ini.

Ercan you be more specific please? It is quite thoroughly tested now, and works in every respect.

Pete

I dont use both at the same time. I use the stick for Airbus and the Yoke for Boeing etc. I understand about the AC specific assignments but as you said the .ini file doesnt save each controller seperately.

It does here. I can have three or four separate USB devices all plugged in together, and have different ones assigned for different aircraft. There is no problem at all in the saving to the INI file.

Is this an FS9 problem or can FSUIPC differentiate between the 2 contollers when each is used sperately? Or will it see them a simply deviced 1 etc?

It sees them in whatever way Windows reports them. It doesn't know nor care what type of device they are -- they are, indeed, just numbered joysticks (0-15 actually), each with up to 6 axes (XYZRUV), 32 buttons (0-31) and one POV (treated as 8 buttons, 32-39).

As long as you don't keep unplugging them and plugging them in again there should be no problem. Can you please be more precise and tell me what you think is the problem here?

Regards,

Pete

the Problem is that FSUIPC only see Controller1 and not CH Yoke or CH Flightstick.

If both are kept connected, then Windows should be consistently assigning one as Joystick 0 and the other as Joystick 1. FSUIPC can then be used to assign different axes and buttons for different things, whether aircraft specific or not. You could then disable joysticks in FS.

There is no solution to your problem, when you change your controller everytime you use a different aircraft.

Correct -- you should leave them both connected and let FSUIPC make the changes in assignment automatically.

Some of this thread does sound as if you are using Win98 or WinMe, which certainly do have an unresolvable problem in that each time it is started up it assigns joystick numbers quite randomly to the USB devices attached. In Windows XP it seems pretty consistent and stable in its assignments so there should be no problems. If this is the problem the solution is to update your operating system.

If anyone does have a problem with FSUIPC, it would be best reported, IN DETAIL, to me so that it can be resolved. Most of this thread occurred whilst I was on holiday and I am sorry I could not intervene earlier as there seems to be a fair amount of misinformation flying around.

Please, if there's a problem, give me details. The facilities for axis and button assignment in FSUIPC are working fine here with multiple devices. Let's sort it out!

Regards,

Pete