The simFlight Network Forums

B777-200 Japan Airlines

Hi,

i was wondering if someone could help me out, i've been trying to find information about japan airlines B777-200 including the japan airlines domestic B777-200.

the info i have found so far is.

JAL gave the name of the stars to B777 series, and called them 'star jet' series. These B777-200s are 'Altair'(Aquila) and 'Vega'(Lyra). JAL's first B777-300 was named 'Regulus'

In April, 1994, to compete with ANA's 'Marine Jumbo', JAL put the illustration of the wild bird on new MD-11s. There are known as 'J-Bird' series.

1 JA8580 TUFTED PUFFIN

2 JA8581 FAIRLY PITTA

3 JA8582 RED-CROWNED CRANE

4 JA8583 GOLDEN EAGLE

5 JA8584 OKINAWA RAIL

6 JA8585 HODGSON'S HAWK-EAGLE

7 JA8586 WHITE STORK

8 JA8587 PRYER'S WOODPECKER

9 JA8588 WHITE-TAILED EAGLE

10 JA8589 ROCK PTARMIGAN

JAA Japan Asia Airways - Japan Asia

JAL Japan Airlines International - Japan Japanair http://www.japanair.com

JAZ JALways - Japan Jalways

JLJ Japan Airlines Domestic - Japan J-BIRD http://www.japanair.com

is 'j-bird' an actual airline or is it 'japan airlines domestic' with j-bird being the call sign.

can someone confirm that the main company is japan airlines and it runs two sub divisions japan airlines international (japanair) and japan airlines domestic (j-bird). JAL also owns seven smaller airlines Hokkaido Air System, JAL Express, JALways, J-Air, Japan Air Commuter, Japan Asia Airways, Japan Transocean Air.

finally is there any difference in the planes paint scheme between international planes and domestic planes.

thanks Denis

hi,

found this info for all you keen types.

Boeing 737-446 former nicknames were

JA8994 - Lavender,

JA8995 - Cattleya,

JA8996 - Dahlia,

JA8998 - Hibiscus.

Boeing 777-246(ER)/-289 former nicknames were

JA8981 - Sirius (Constellation Andromeda)

JA8982 - Vega (Constellation Lyra)

JA8983 - Altair (Constellation Aquila)

JA8984 - Betelgeuse (Constellation Orion)

JA8985 - Procyon (Constellation Canis Minor)

Boeing 777-346(ER) former nicknames were

JA8941 - Regulus (Constellation Leo)

JA8942 - Spica (Constellation Virgo)

JA8943 - Arcturus (Constellation Boötes)

JA8944 - Antares (Constellation Scorpius)

JA8945 - Deneb (Constellation Cygnus)

jal runs the biggest fleet of 747's with 76 at march 2005.

the 747-446D's run the domestic lines and the 747-446I's run international, the other international planes are the 767-346ER, 777-246ER and 777-346ER.

Unfortuantely, PC gaming is unpopular im Japan, especially games where you have pauses of more than 10 seconds between killing monsters, so there is no large Japanese FS community which could help out - oh maybe there are a few I hope so.

What I know is that Japan Air Asia is operating to Taiwan, due to the restriction that airlines operating into Taiwan are not welcome in red China. They look different.

Otherwise, you might go through Airlines.net and some other sites, and make some statistics from there, there are dozens of photos of each 777 around, so case you are on shift this might keep you busy a while...